Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #511
Revan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

hi im new here and i desperatly need help with dosbox, i got version 72, and i need help running blood, i get it to run, nice and smooth, but no sound at all, please help, oh and i set the memsize to 32
Revan101 is offline                         Send a private message to Revan101
Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #512
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan101 View Post
hi im new here and i desperatly need help with dosbox, i got version 72, and i need help running blood, i get it to run, nice and smooth, but no sound at all, please help, oh and i set the memsize to 32
When you run the game in DOSBox, instead of just typing "blood", type "blood -nocd". This'll get the game to use whatever soundcard you've choosen, and give you in-game music.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #513
Revan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
When you run the game in DOSBox, instead of just typing "blood", type "blood -nocd". This'll get the game to use whatever soundcard you've choosen, and give you in-game music.

thank you, havent checked yet, and there is the issue with mouse aim, help me with that and its complete
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #514
Revan101

Default sorry

Quote:
thank you, havent checked yet, and there is the issue with mouse aim, help me with that and its complete
still no sound using the -nocd
Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #515
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
still no sound using the -nocd
Did you run the setup before actually trying the game? Cause the cfg file had everything preconfigured.

Anyways here's my sound options from blood.cfg

Find and Replace with this part in blood.cfg

I remember russ changing some midi settings in the current archive, but you'll have to wait for him to know what's it about.

Edit: Fevice = FX Device, without the space
Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #516
The Coop
Super Freak

Quote:
Mouse aim is handled with a button. Start DOSBox, type "setup", choose the "Controller Setup" option, then choose "Setup Keyboard", and then scroll down to "Mouse Aiming". It's near the bottom of the list, and whatever key is there, is what you hit to turn on and off mouse aiming when you're playing.

Now, hit the ESC key until you're back at the "Controls Menu", and choose "Setup Mouse". Near the bottom is an option called "Mouse aiming is a toggle button". Make sure that's selected. Hit Esc until you're back at the "Main Menu", select "Save and Launch Blood", and you'll be good to go.

Regarding you're continued sound issue, use the "setup" file again in DOSBox, and choose "Sound Setup". For your "Sound FX" card, pick "Sound Blaster", then "Use These Settings and Continue" (they're the default settings), and just keep hitting Return until you're back at the "Sound Setup" menu. Now choose "Choose Music Card", and just pick "General Midi". Hit Return until you're back at the "Sound Setup" menu. Hit Esc, and choose "Save and launch Blood".

You'll have to quit out of the game, and now when you type in "blood -nocd", you'll get the General Midi music.

If you're still having issues, make sure your DOSBox config says this for the Sound Blaster section...

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=22050

... and this for the midi section...

mpu401=intelligent
mididevice=default
midiconfig=

That should put everything into place for you to get General Midi and Sound Blaster working.

Last edited by The Coop; 07-06-2009 at 05:46 PM.
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop
Old 07-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #517
Revan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Did you run the setup before actually trying the game? Cause the cfg file had everything preconfigured.

Anyways here's my sound options from blood.cfg

Find and Replace with this part in blood.cfg

I remember russ changing some midi settings in the current archive, but you'll have to wait for him to know what's it about.

Edit: Fevice = FX Device, without the space
wel..with those settings i got it to work with vdm sound...but stutters terribly, some clear moments now and then but stutters mostly, and MOUSE AIM doesnt work, by pressing t
Old 07-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #518
Revan101

Quote:
wel..with those settings i got it to work with vdm sound...but stutters terribly, some clear moments now and then but stutters mostly, and MOUSE AIM doesnt work, by pressing t
disregard my previous post, but i started dosbox, and setup is an illegal command
Old 07-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #519
Revan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
Mouse aim is handled with a button. Start DOSBox, type "setup", choose the "Controller Setup" option, then choose "Setup Keyboard", and then scroll down to "Mouse Aiming". It's near the bottom of the list, and whatever key is there, is what you hit to turn on and off mouse aiming when you're playing.

Now, hit the ESC key until you're back at the "Controls Menu", and choose "Setup Mouse". Near the bottom is an option called "Mouse aiming is a toggle button". Make sure that's selected. Hit Esc until you're back at the "Main Menu", select "Save and Launch Blood", and you'll be good to go.

Regarding you're continued sound issue, use the "setup" file again in DOSBox, and choose "Sound Setup". For your "Sound FX" card, pick "Sound Blaster", then "Use These Settings and Continue" (they're the default settings), and just keep hitting Return until you're back at the "Sound Setup" menu. Now choose "Choose Music Card", and just pick "General Midi". Hit Return until you're back at the "Sound Setup" menu. Hit Esc, and choose "Save and launch Blood".

You'll have to quit out of the game, and now when you type in "blood -nocd", you'll get the General Midi music.

If you're still having issues, make sure your DOSBox config says this for the Sound Blaster section...

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=22050

mpu401=intelligent
mididevice=default
midiconfig=

That should put everything into place for you to get General Midi and Sound Blaster working.
sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=22050

mpu401=intelligent
mididevice=default
midiconfig=
got all that, just cant get into setup with dosbox i type setup and it says its illegal
Old 07-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #520
The Coop
Super Freak

Did you type in "cd blood/blood"? For whatever reason, the game's inside a second folder, so to run the setup file, you'll need to type it in like that.

Edit: Wait. Did you setup DOSBox using any guides (be it the guides on this site, or a guide from someplace else)?