Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #41
Leo

Finally! Solved my problem

Well it's Windows XP

Answers to Game Fan's questions:

The best way to rise votes is donating lots of money to the church and/or the poor. But you have to give some 100 thousands.... the other way is to bribe (in the bath) or to give a feast.
My questions:

What is the use of the guilds?
How does the convoi or the war fleet help?
How to get influence fast?
What is the game's goal, becoming Alderman?
I remember I became 1st council once.....

Very important advice by Lecher:

The pirates donate ships (hehehehehe), if you read: "Pirates attack Stettin" (for example) load the autosave and send a heavy armed ship with lots of crew to Stettin. Save and set "active defense", in most cases you will win the battle (otherwise reload) and gain incredible ships (55+ payload, or sloops with 300 men crew and many weapons, should not dismiss the crew or unload the weapons as this is only a bug!)

Old 17-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #42

If someone is reading, please answer these questions:
What does this waggon do ?
What do the employers do ?
What happens if you buy a dried fish ?
How to rise the votes you won in ellections?
What is the difference between feast with and without bards?
How can i search for wrecked ships ?
How can i disolve a convoy?

Old 20-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #43
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Dec 17 2005, 09:22 PM
If someone is reading, please answer these questions:
How can i search for wrecked ships ?
How can i disolve a convoy?
some answers at least:

it's an over-land-connection between Hamburg and Bremen (I think), by using it you ship your goods from the one city to the other without having to sail around Danmark

they can brew beer from grain for example

nothing, afaik

do something for the church (donations for church extension) , the politicians (bribe) and the people (feasts, feed the poor)

it may become more successful, but only if all other needs (beer, wine, fish, meat, grain) are satisfied

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 21-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #44

oh, thank you a lot

Old 25-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #45
Duke of the Northen Tribe

Great game, I F*cking hate it! I've played it an whole week now and I feel like it's almost impossible to succed. The game is wonderful, so i will continue playing it, but I have never hated a game so mutch as this!

In swedish it's calledl, "slump-generator", I don't know the exactly word for it in English, the games slumpgenerator really sucks! The random events thats accurs, always hit you when you least need it, as if the computer nows what tatics you have.

If you build warehouses, say a thousand so that you can earn money aswell saving up wares for feast and building of ships. It won't take many month before pirates steals everything! I have at least 3 Guardships around my city. With around 200 men aboard, 3 big catapults and 4 cannons on each... Still pirates boards them and destroys the city!

Every 3 year or so enemy armies attack and you looses all that you built. How the *meep* can you help your city from falling?! I tried hiring about 2000 men to work for me, still the city only had around 2000 fighters... It's hopeless.

If you by any chance build more then two ships in any none-hansa town, the town will take thoose ships and any other property of yours in town. Sometimes without a word in the calender. Ships just disepears on the sea, you save believing you finally began making breaktrough, and suddenly you see that half your fleet is gone... Not a word, not a single word!

I made an Excel document over sell/buy prices of the cities and understands that the only real income can be made by travelling between Brügge and Nowogorod. Still it seems like I have to ship more than that of income, like fish, meat and corn... You can't make an fortune on selling this, and even if you have a small fortune, it's never seems enough. I read here earlier and some one said, money ain't important. It is the people, church and the politics. I say, it's all about having as much ships as possible. Big ships that you send to the dock as often you can. Once you have an big fleet, you can begin spending money on whats mathers.

This game SUCKS, even thou you love it, you will hate it anyway!

Go play Ports of Calls instead or some game that will bring your life back... Have no time for chat, have to complete this damn game!!!

Old 18-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #46
mestor

I love this game.

Has anyone here ever made it to Alderman? If so have you got any tips to achieve that status?

Old 21-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #47
kretschmer

@Guest: "Does anybody know how to build a new ship ? I know there's a
shipyard (or something like that) with a order/ship/plan but whenever I
try to click "order" nothing happens even if I have all needed materials
..... "

Try pressing Enter to sign the contract (instead of clicking the mouse)

@Game fan: "What does this waggon do?"

An overland connection between Hamburg and Luebeck. There seems to be an unlimited amount of waggons available, you can transport 1000s of units, at no cost (i think). However the goods end up in your storehouse at the opposite side, so you have to sail there anyway to be able to sell the goods or do something other with them.

@Leo: "What is the game's goal, becoming Alderman?"

Partially. When you become Alderman, the game will ask if you want to finish or continue playing.

@mestor: "Has anyone here ever made it to Alderman? If so have you got
any tips to achieve that status?"

Not without cheating. I used a cheat that gives you billions of money (try google, i forgot the url). Nevertheless it took some hours of playing. To gain votes, you have to
* bribe councilmen (bathroom),
* give feasts,
* spend for both the church and the poor,
* simply trade much (the council of the town will honor you as the most important trader),
* enter into guilds,
* buy dry fish (?),
* buy indulgence (Ablass) (?).
I could not find out which activities are most important, nor how much money you have to spend and how often. I think that under real playing conditions it will be nearly impossible to "win" the game.

Has anyone managed to become Alderman without cheating?
kretschmer is offline                         Send a private message to kretschmer
Old 21-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #48
Ken Masters

This game is interesting for me. But ,I have several questions. They are.......

1. Solution of coat arm (copy protection?) .. .......how to do?
2. Ship auction ..........how to join and do?
3. Donation of the church of my town ........how to fund?

Someone, would you teach me?

Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #49
Question

I've really enjoyed the game so far, and have done pretty well with it. However, when I get to mayor, i can't figure out how to recruit troop's for the town defense! If I go to the recruit troops screen, the game freezes up if I try to click on anything How do you build/supply armies???

Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #50
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

it freezes? are you running the game with VDMsound as recommended