Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #421
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That's right, but this retort gives new created units only magic weapons, the benefits from Mithril or Adamantium mine aren't considered. Those are added only if you have an alchemist's guild in your town.
Actually you can hex-edit your savegame to add any building you want to any city regardless of race, but that would spoil the fun of the game rather quickly.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 24-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #422
Tonga
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(caesar007 @ Feb 18 2005, 05:23 PM) [snapback]68600[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
wow you were right about the paladins ... they are very strong , i don't have a unit that can match their strength , one paladin destroyed 4 turtle dragons yikes

kind of weird , paladins don't seem that strong but in combat it seems they are very very strong

haven't had a chance to fight a warlock though , guess i will have to try them myself and pick the other world to start a game ....

are there people here who would want to play a multi-player game ? and how many can join a multi-player game ? can you also play with 2 real players and 3 AI's ?
[/b]
Paladins are strong because they have First Strike ability which usually deal damage before being retaliated by the enemy.

Old 24-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #423
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Don't forget their pierce ability, which reduces enemy armor to it's half. Combined with the First Strike, Palandins deal a lot of damage first that way, without even being attacked back.
Not as strong, but for that with better chance to hit are High Elven Lords, they have also First Strike and Pierce, but no Magic Immunity like Paladins. I actually usually prefer High Elves due to their Longbowmen and their racial +1 chance to hit which is a good benefit in combat, and of course their 1/2 Mana per 1 population figure is also pretty nice to pick up along the way.
Old 24-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #424
Maerryji

The game looks like the mixture of my most favourite strategies (I think there is no need to name them here). Having notable advantages over both. It was really great to find it.

But I have one important question: Is there indeed a multiplayer mode? I could not find it... (I know that probably answer to this question is available above in the thread, but I am now at the early stage of exploring the game and do not want to get all the spoiler-advices listed there.)

Old 24-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #425
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

No, no multiplayer mode. Also very limited AI. There are all sorts of cheesy things you can do that defeat your opponents.

A shame a deal fell through for Stardock to design a MoM II. I'm sure they could have done justice on the AI front.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 25-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #426
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Yes there is a multiplayer option, though it requires a use of a separate program, and is said to be quite terrible. But if you still want to check it out, you can download it here: Multiplayer Shell v3.0 (search for it at Documentation / Extras)
Old 25-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #427
Maerryji

Thank you! It looks somewhat terrible indeed, but I will probably try to use it.

Old 27-06-2007, 05:47 AM   #428
Guest_Desi_*

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with this, perhaps I missed something but I can't get past the intro movie, it goes back to DOS and says "Wizards.LBX [entry 0] could not be found". Any suggestions would be appreciated I'm dying to play this game again, hehe

Old 27-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #429
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Desi_* @ Jun 27 2007, 05:47 AM) [snapback]296602[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with this, perhaps I missed something but I can't get past the intro movie, it goes back to DOS and says "Wizards.LBX [entry 0] could not be found". Any suggestions would be appreciated I'm dying to play this game again, hehe
[/b]
Hm, I can still play the intro movie, but you can skip past it by left-clicking or perhaps even with 'enter'. You may have to click a few times though. At least I always used that to bypass the intro to save time.
Old 30-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #430
Noctis

Okay, I've like drained Goggle dry from all search results regarding Master of Magic, I've searched a ton of file libraries and FTPs, many of them don't function properly anymore, but I can't find the editors for MoM anymore. Seems like the fall of one of those old fansites has dragged all of the good MoM editors with 'em. There used to be a race editor, a unit editor and a win32 graphical savegame editor capable of editing the map to the fullest extent.
Does anyone have any of those anymore or know where to get 'em?

If you have or know where to find any of those, drop me a email at 4e6f6374697300(at]gmail.com
We can't let quality software disappear completely.

- Noctis