Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #411
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
This one was never actually "made".
The version we had was a leaked copy of the unreleased English translation.
Don't know who exactly removed it (or when), but from what I gather it must have been at a direct request by the copyright owners.
I've had this on disk since its US release," which I think was halted because the distributor went suddenly bellyup. I got quite a few things in alpha and beta for possible magazine preview that never made it(Frog City's Odyssey was one of the most interesting), but this title was the only one I recall that ever made it to full, final code without hitting the stands.

Well, this, and Where's Fat Lou? But that was such a horrendous piece of junk that I'm not surprised its release remained limited to Italy. And I did review it, for CNET. Princess Maker 2? By the time I got around to it, it was dead in the water. Shame, though at least it has a successor alive and well.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 26-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #412
mintypixie66892
Lurker

Question lost

i used to play princess maker 2 but now i cant find it at all does anyone know where i can get it in english?
mintypixie66892 is offline                         Send a private message to mintypixie66892
Old 26-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #413
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Sorry, you can't.

The thing is that the game was never officially translated or released, so nobody can legally offer it for download - too bad, since it was the only game in the series that even got (an unofficial) translation.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #414
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
The thing is that the game was never officially translated or released, so nobody can legally offer it for download - too bad, since it was the only game in the series that even got (an unofficial) translation.
Actually, that's not true.
The translation is official - except it was never fully finished, and in the end never released either. A copy of it leaked out on the net a few years ago, that being the copy AB used to have.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-05-2008, 03:45 AM   #415
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Potatoes, potatoes...

Hmm... a translation that was never completed and never released and a working copy leaking out... I'd say all of that would classify as the unofficial translation.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 30-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #416
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

I was sent Fairytale Adventure 2 for review consideration by a distributor, and the box also included Princess Maker 2. I suspect that's how it first started circulating in the US, at least.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #417
Freyja
Forum hobbit

Oooow I wish I still had it! It's aaawesome

Freyja is NOT a terrorist
Freyja is offline                         Send a private message to Freyja
Old 07-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #418
Amyante

Hmm... I recall my first girl being something like 5 ft 6, and ended up becoming a Court Magician. I accepted the old dragon's money (my daughter wasn't too happy about it), but at the end she still ended up choosing him so it's all good.

Second one i decided to make her ultra evil, and she ended up killing the demon and replacing him as Queen of the Underworld. Was quite different...

My old compy crashed on the third attempt though, and born under the birthsign of Mars she was at 5 ft 8 somewhere around age 13, or 14. Definitely had the potential to break 6 ft there...

Old 08-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #419
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I accepted the old dragon's money (my daughter wasn't too happy about it), but at the end she still ended up choosing him so it's all good.
Not "choosing" him. If you accept the money, she will automatically HAVE to choose him. Forced marriage.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #420
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Poor little thing..... can you imagine the husband-dragon afraid of being slain by a demon-killer girl who was forced into marriage?
laiocfar is offline                         Send a private message to laiocfar