Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #391

I get a 'Could not initialize a screen mode' error when trying to play it. Then the screen goes funny and I can play it but the images are messed up?

Old 26-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #392
Luso
Game Wizzard

Thumbs down

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 4 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]292851[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I get a 'Could not initialize a screen mode' error when trying to play it. Then the screen goes funny and I can play it but the images are messed up?
[/b]

download the transport tycoon deluxe for windows in the abandonia, unzip, then go to http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php download the open ttd and play from open ttd!

is easy, is better is more fun! and can play multiplayer!!!!
Luso is offline                         Send a private message to Luso
Old 29-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #393
Squire_Bev

Forgive me for not reading all 27 pages of the thread, but time is short.

Basically, I've downloaded and installed the version of the game from this site, added the registry info, and restarted, so all should be well and good.

But when it comes to saving games it says "Unable to read disk", and won't save the game anywhere other than the default folder. Also, when saving in the default folder, it overwrites the same save file each time, so I can only have one game on the go.

Is it unable to read the disk because it's NTFS? Have I made some elementary mistake?

Solutions please, I'll be very grateful.

Old 29-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #394

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Sam_* @ Mar 8 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]282538[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As for the problem "it's not working" (on WinXP): I had to create a .bat file with the following content:
Code:
SET LANG=German
"Transport Tycoon Deluxe".exe
(of course, you can also set it to "English" or something, it's just that TTD doesn't recognize alternative language codes like "en" or "de"). Now it works fine - except I wasn't able to save last time :angry:
[/b]
MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Using this trick all works now perfectly! I can play again with this fantastic game! :brain:
Thanks again!

Matteo

Old 29-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #395
Squire_Bev

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Squire_Bev @ Jun 29 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]297099[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Forgive me for not reading all 27 pages of the thread, but time is short.

Basically, I've downloaded and installed the version of the game from this site, added the registry info, and restarted, so all should be well and good.

But when it comes to saving games it says "Unable to read disk", and won't save the game anywhere other than the default folder. Also, when saving in the default folder, it overwrites the same save file each time, so I can only have one game on the go.

Is it unable to read the disk because it's NTFS? Have I made some elementary mistake?

Solutions please, I'll be very grateful.
[/b]

Ahh, well. I've fixed the "Unable to read disk" error by moving the game into the old school C:\MPS\TTDLX folder, but it's still overwriting previous saves every time.

Old 28-07-2007, 03:55 AM   #396

At the beginning you have to use trains, then you can take the boats, have them drop off the fuel at land, have the train pick it up, and bring it to the refineries. I made about 50000 a year per tanker by doing this in scotland. Also, since the competition uses alot of road vehicles, when i have enough money I buy armored trucks and make road blocks, it really works well.

Great game in almost every aspect~10 out of 10

Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #397
Eddie30

Hi to you...

I desesperatly :wallbash: try to run the TTDFW on my XP pro and I read all the 27 pages without finding why the game is not working...

So I unzip the files, run the patch, .reg, restart after that. Double-click on the patched .EXE and I always have the classic dos pop-up that disapear after a half-second.

If someone have a solution, I want it!

Thanks in advance.

Eddie30 is offline                         Send a private message to Eddie30
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #398
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Tried to change the options in Properties --> Compatibility for the executable?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #399
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eddie30 @ Aug 1 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]302276[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi to you...

I desesperatly :wallbash: try to run the TTDFW on my XP pro and I read all the 27 pages without finding why the game is not working...

So I unzip the files, run the patch, .reg, restart after that. Double-click on the patched .EXE and I always have the classic dos pop-up that disapear after a half-second.

If someone have a solution, I want it!

Thanks in advance.
[/b]
start->run->cmd.exe

type "set lang=english"

btw somebody should add this to technical notes of the game, the game exe on slovak language in xp gave me
Quote:
Unknown language 'slovak' specified in the environment
variable LANG or LANGUAGE. Known languages:
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Nor
wegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish[/b]
then after i changed the language it worked
Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #400
Eddie30

I check it out for the language, it's okay.

For the compatibility I tried it out but there is no success...

Eddie30 is offline                         Send a private message to Eddie30