Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Would it be great to see under the avartar the nationality of that member?
YES 26 74.29%
NO 7 20.00%
Don't know 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #31
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

See my solution to this: *looks down*

If anyone can find nicer or animated Croatian( "Hrvatska" ) flag, PM me.
Old 26-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #32
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

The flags aren't necessary but having location appear beneath the avatar (as it used to be on phpbb) would be nice.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 26-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #33
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Apr 26 2005, 08:05 PM
We had a location line in the old forum, kinda missed it myself.

Basically, it would look like this:

(I just used Bobbin as an example as he posted above me).

Bobbin

Game freak
VIP

Group: VIP
Member No.: 2213

Warn: (0%)* - ##### +
Nope, it didn't look like this. There were other things than:
"Group:

If someone has a screenshot, I would be able to prove it.

BTW I liked that-description-under-avatar more before. Now the only thing that is good is "Joined" (i believe group and posts were before, too).
BTW2 If I have a picture which says: "VIP", why I do have to have "Group" which is saying the same? LOL
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 26-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #34
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Uhm... I simply added the line location. I didn't mean we should change the entire frame...
Old 26-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #35
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

My view:

Location-line: Yes
Flag: No

Reason: Bandwith.
it's tight as it is allready.. adding another thing that pulls say 2kB / pic, 25 pics / page viewed = 50 kB.. how many pages do you view in a day? Times the number of visitores.... and whoppie, we'r closing on 10 GB / month just in FLAG-pictures...

sorry, but i don't see realy this possible with the current layout of the servers, and i HARDLY doubt, some other site would let us leech that bandwidth just like that.

But for a txt-line, i'm all for.. give even more of a personal touch, and i also agree that it should be optional with a little chk-box in your prefs.

A Wise man once said:
Quote:
nothing ?
this isn't a democracy

strikes again
Old 27-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #36
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There is a solution! (and it will solve another whish at the same time)

We can have Danny post our location below each post. This will ensure we have location and Danny will have his dream - bigest post count. LOL LOL LOL
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 27-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #37
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Apr 27 2005, 01:33 AM
Location-line: Yes
Flag: No
Me agrees! k:

BTW I prefer that members can fill location field as they want, so if you want to put "Home", you wont have any problems. Still if you don't want to let everyone see where are you come from, you don't have to fill that field.
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 27-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #38
Kearnsy
Games Master

Quote:
BTW I prefer that members can fill location field as they want, so if you want to put "Home", you wont have any problems. Still if you don't want to let everyone see where are you come from, you don't have to fill that field.
I like this idea too. Personally I would fill it in and show it with pride, as would many of us, but we cant force it on anyone. Over all it would be a nice inclusion and one Im sure will help people to get to know others more...or not at all! :crazy:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 27-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #39
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 26 2005, 08:15 PM
If you really want a flag - change your sig or avatar to include one, but for anything else...
exactly!
My sig tells you exctly what flag there should be, and it only weights about 50 bytes, allthough that whole argument is pointless- half of the regulars have picture sigs anyway!

P.S. oh,me? I voted nay.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 27-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #40
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Me being me, I think that this may bring massive prejudices against others. For example anyone with an American bit on their name is going to get flamed. A lot.

Anyone with a British flag is about to get 'OMFG YOU VOETD CONSEVRATIVE!!3!1' sadly, as it seem that they are going to win. Which is gutting.

VOTE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT AND BE HAPPY!

I know a Lib. Dem. candidate and he is possible the nicest person that you could ever imagine meeting. He is one of those people who looks like he has like twelve pets that he looks after and is kind to.

The Conservatives got us ito this pension-crippling problem that we are in and are also a load of snotty bastards who have some kind of malfunction about immigration. OUR POPULATION IS DECLINING! THE ONLY PROBLEMS WITH IMMIGRATION ANYWHERE IN THE UK ARE IN LONDON. NO ONE ELSE GIVES A F*CKING RAT'S!

The Labour Party are giving it their 'Actually, we hate immigrants even more than those pansy Conservative pillow-munchers' attempt.

Are you going to argue over who hates immigrants more, or are you going to not care an accept the honest policies that the Lib-Dems are talking about. Michael Howard can't really increase discipline at schools without bringing back corporal punishment and if he starts that crap off then there is going to be a total rift between the children and adults, with kids suddenly changing to adults as soon as they leave compulsory education. He also wants to magically create twelve billion pounds or whatever it is out of tax cuts and invest it into crime prevention and pensions. Perhaps by 'twelve billion' he means that he will creatce massive hyperinflation. Just what everyone wanted!

Labour are just a bunch of pretentious cads with no real strategy other than 'umm... well... we shall be good... and umm create some targets for a future government... yes....'

Please, vote Lib Dem if you are old enough and a resident of Wales and Britain.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Closed Thread