Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
MrDeadly
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Oct 11 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]315653[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
GraveDigger's got a massive collection of games... chances are he either has it or knows someone who does
[/b]
Cool, I've PM'ed him about this subject now.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #32
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

AFAIK Gravedigger is not here often, probably you'll have to wait some days for his answer.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #33
MrDeadly
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Oct 11 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]315742[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
AFAIK Gravedigger is not here often, probably you'll have to wait some days for his answer.
[/b]
Arrg, may be a long wait then...

Luchsen: When I asked if anyone had tried to contact the author of Plague of the moon you replied by forwarding me to a previous post that read; "he's probably still sitting at home waiting for checks". Does this mean that you actually contacted him and he sold you a registered copy? And if so, does that mean that we won't see the game on this or other sites anytime soon because the author still supports it, meaning it's not abandonware?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I second that question. There is a possibility I or another admin could negotiate a hosting permission for Abandonia.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #35
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Plague of the Moon would be a great addition to the site. Trying to contact the author? It would a great opportunity to maybe even make an interview with him and so on (should be worth a try).

And about Black Sect - the game has been reviewed a long time ago (a member contributed the review), but the game was in French (and later replaced with the Spanish version).

I have tried contacting people at A-for-Adventure (as I also reviewed a game or two there), but unfortunately got no reply (yet). If you have the English version Luchsen it would be much appreciated.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #36
MrDeadly
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Oct 12 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]315817[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I second that question. There is a possibility I or another admin could negotiate a hosting permission for Abandonia.
[/b]
That would have been top notch
Luchsen, are you there?

Sebatianos: An interview sounds like a good idea. Always interesting to read about "one-man" game-projects, especially the weirder/darker games. And that reminds me; wouldn't it be great to find one of these games in time for halloween?
Old 13-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #37
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Goodness gracious MrDeadly - you are definitively my kind of a guy (every year it's a question of what to add for a day like Halloween).

The question is, who'll take over the project. The Fifth Horseman already mentioned a possibility of maybe him contacting the maker of the game... Since unfortunately I haven't played any of the two games yet, I somehow wouldn't be qualified to do an interview about them, so we need somebody who knows the game well.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #38
MrDeadly
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Oct 13 2007, 07:03 AM) [snapback]315930[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Goodness gracious MrDeadly - you are definitively my kind of a guy (every year it's a question of what to add for a day like Halloween).

The question is, who'll take over the project. The Fifth Horseman already mentioned a possibility of maybe him contacting the maker of the game... Since unfortunately I haven't played any of the two games yet, I somehow wouldn't be qualified to do an interview about them, so we need somebody who knows the game well.
[/b]
Hehe, glad I could help out with that I'm a lifelong gothic horror-fan (movies, books and games) so naturally these games and Halloween are important to me. Hopefully we'll have one of the games here by then.

As to who will take over the project... Well, I second the idea of The Fifth Horseman if he feels like taking it on. I have played Plague a little bit now but trying to complete it without cheating so I'm not done and, like you, don't feel I have the necessary background. However, I will be more then happy to help out with something if help is needed. Since Fifth is also a moderator it might be the fastest way to get this through. What do you say Horseman?
Old 14-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #39
12turtle12
Game freak

Um, I'm sorry - I lost the train of thought. So, does somebody want me to send them the files or no?
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 14-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #40
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

I wrote a letter to Gabe Macchia asking if he could provide a registered version explaining for which purpose I need it (preservation at Abandonia, of course ). He denied, so I guessed: if he still sends the game, then for money and only to private persons.

Regarding Black Sect: I'm still sure of having it (I don't delete anything if I didn't delete it straight away after writing it on HD), but the time is too short since I move to Dresden at Wednesday (without my PC). So you will have to rely on GraveDigger.