Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #31
Wildlotus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Sep 6 2006, 07:18 AM) [snapback]253002[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey Lotus

Yeah, that maze is really hard, and the sewer lake is a good reference point to save your game at.

If you do look at the maps, remember the solution is different for Easy Mode and Challenge Mode.

k:
[/b]
Yeah! What can I say.. Thank God for smarter people than myself, who could even map out the catacombs.

(If I didn't know better, I'd think it was Erik himself who pitied my miserable progress and mapped out the maze himself).

The progression from thenceforth twas a breeze. It was such a thrill playing this game. What can I say.. For all sleuth enthusiasts afraid of dying, this is definitely a game worth downloading.

And a BIG THANK YOU!! to Sir Frodo, for his selflessness in rendering help, hints and guidance, throughout the course of this wonderful journey.

*Lotus applauds and the her band comes out to play the "Thank You Thank You Thank You Song"*

k:
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #32

I have ran into a problem and I don't hae the patience to start all over again (especially with the walking speed!). Ok, I'm currently in 1881 in the hallway type thing. I spoke to the artist who paints ballerina's and I've spoken to the guy in the office (can't remeber his name). I went out of the library and went to the left into the arches. The it goes black and I have this message:

Error "ConvGet" in module "<Conv>" data: 3 16

Most recent memory check: 25400
Most recent DOS error: 2
Stack use indicator: 1217

An error has occured. Check your manual to be sure you have installed the game properly. If you are unable to solve the problem yourself, please write down the above information and call MicroProse Custome Service at (410) 771-1151 between 9am and 5pm EST. We are sorry for the inconvenince.

Of course I can't call them anymore so can anyone help me?

Old 10-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #33
parrottart

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 10 2006, 04:31 AM) [snapback]254141[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
I remember having this problem when I first played through the game. It was a long time ago but I believe it has something to do with either XMS, EMS, or highmem settings. Try disabling the ...XMS? i think? Either that or the EMS. Which you can easily do with dosbox or a dbox frontend. I'm not entirely** sure that was the way to fix the problem as it was years ago but it's worth a shot.

edit: One more thought...try disabling sound in setup until you pass that point in the game. Just a thought. "ConvGet" sounds like it is having trouble with a conversation file.
parrottart is offline                         Send a private message to parrottart
Old 11-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #34

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(parrottart @ Sep 10 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]254174[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 10 2006, 04:31 AM) [snapback]254141[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
I remember having this problem when I first played through the game. It was a long time ago but I believe it has something to do with either XMS, EMS, or highmem settings. Try disabling the ...XMS? i think? Either that or the EMS. Which you can easily do with dosbox or a dbox frontend. I'm not entirely** sure that was the way to fix the problem as it was years ago but it's worth a shot.

edit: One more thought...try disabling sound in setup until you pass that point in the game. Just a thought. "ConvGet" sounds like it is having trouble with a conversation file.
[/b][/quote]

What is XMS and how do you disable it? And there wasn't any speech in the game to start with...

Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #35

Nevermind, I just discovered there was a "restore" button next to the "resume" button! I clicked it and now it works!

BTW, how come the copy protection is a little out of touch with the book?

Old 11-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #36
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
What is XMS and how do you disable it? And there wasn't any speech in the game to start with...[/b]
Use DosBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 11 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]254352[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
What do you mean by 'Out of touch'? I never had any problems with the copy protection.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #38

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 11 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]254437[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 11 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]254352[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
What do you mean by 'Out of touch'? I never had any problems with the copy protection.
[/b][/quote]

Like if it says "Go to page 10 line 5 word 3" it wouldn't be "way" it could be around there like "death" or something. It isn't exact on where the word is...

Old 12-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #39
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 12 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]254538[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Like if it says "Go to page 10 line 5 word 3" it wouldn't be "way" it could be around there like "death" or something. It isn't exact on where the word is...
[/b]
Hmm, I realised today that something is wrong with the pdf copy protection book. The line endings in the pdf don't match the line endings in my book, and this throws out the Line X Word X part. :tai:

I don't quite know how this happened, but I have re-scanned the book. Hopefully, this will be up on AB soon.

My apologies to everyone. :wallbash:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 13-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #40
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

The Copy Protection book has been replaced with a better version, so there should be no more problems with it.

If you downloaded this pdf before, I recommend you download it again, to get the new version.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo