Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #31
hessekopp
Abandonia nerd

HEY hey. that game is really a nice one. love it! thanks ABANDONIA for that classic game! k:
hessekopp is offline                         Send a private message to hessekopp
Old 10-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #32
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

It's one of the greatest adventure games ever. I have been playing it ever since it first came out...I wish they'd made a sequel

I love playing the 'oldies'...if I play about 4 hours in a day I usually spend 3 on the old ones and one on the new ones. Some of the MPS, Sierra, Brodebund, and Cyberlore games are my favourites

There were a few querries/problems for some of you, I can't recall all of them but I try give some general tips here which may help some of the new players:
1.Never leave Zaratan without the Sling of Seeking, use it rather than the sword(except at close quarters) immediately you enter the Oasis;
2.You start at level 2 with 22 HPs, which is raised to level 3 when you open the chest. Just before that save game and if you get less than 34 restore your saved game...you may have to do it several times. This must be done every time you get to the next level...make sure your HPs increased at an increment rate of 12;
3.Go to Bander al Sa'adat before going to Farid's Tower;
4.Here's a way to increase your EXP. In the Tower dungeons when you come across the Acid 'monsters' kill it (you get 100 points for each kill), move away the go back and another will appear. Keep on doing this as long as you have the patience or the desire...this one way to get to the next level.

Happy gaming! :bye:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 03-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #33
Emily Rivleau
Unhappy

Hiya! I'm just downloading this game now. If it's anything like you say, I'll love it. I'm not a serious RPG master, but I love most roleplaying games.

Ha, about the diskworld bit. Dibbler is so funny, but I think Lord Vetinari is better. I haven't read all the books, but I love the ones I have.

I bet I like this game as much or more than Darksun which I've been playing on and off for a while. I so agree about old games. Some old arcade games are good too. I like Raptor:Call of the Shadows, for instance. Well, that's all I really have to say right now. Toodles!

Old 03-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #34
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Welcome to the 'club' Emily. I am sure you'll love it. Any problems - just ask. And I would suggest you start at the easiest level...ultimately the level doesn't make any difference except the monsters are more difficult kill. The Maze can be helluva bitch :bye:

Happy Gaming!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 16-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #35

For some reason I can't seem to be able to open the door to the cell with zombies in it, in the old dungeon. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 16-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #36
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 16 2005, 05:54 PM
For some reason I can't seem to be able to open the door to the cell with zombies in it, in the old dungeon. Any help would be appreciated.
Yep my friend...this sort of thing (opening doors) in the cell of the zombies does happen...you may face the same problem in the Al'Katraz prison.

I only hope you have a game saved before you go the door...try opening it before the others...you may save the Cyclops, but don't open other doors before the zombies...and don't forget pushing the big rock in the passage to the pressure plate out side their door. (It's easier pushing than pulling...perhaps the jet principle?) k:

Good luck!
Old 17-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #37

Thanks Grand Dad, I'll give it a shot.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #38
Fyda

It's been so many years and I still think this is a beautiful game. Thanks to whoever posted it; I'll be pouring my hours into it again!

(Off-topic: Also, a hearty LOL at the naming screenshot. Discworld rules.)

Old 10-07-2005, 04:41 AM   #39
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I play a pen a paper game with Al-Quadim Rules with my dad. GO OLD SKOOL! k:
I like this game better than either of the Dark Sun setting games
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #40
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jul 10 2005, 04:41 AM
I play a pen a paper game with Al-Quadim Rules with my dad. GO OLD SKOOL! k:
I like this game better than either of the Dark Sun setting games
I'm intrigued by your reference to your "pen and paper game"...glad to see your Dad likes it too, how old is he by the way? :bye: