Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #31
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny C@Dec 25 2004, 05:30 AM
Hey, I got this game out of the KQC and recently installed it on a new computer. Now, unfortunately, I cannot get the graphics to work in XP at all. Any ideas?
Johnny, not having XP I'm no expert. But I do know that many of these old games need to be played with Dosbox if you use this OS.

Download For Dosbox

Basic Setup and Users Guide
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 27-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #32
Help needed
Arrow

Hello!

I just downloaded the game yesterday and started to play, but I have no idea what to do and where to go! When I go out of building I cannot go anywhere except call the taxi, but the taxist says that he cannot drive me because I have to be a member of trib! Then Laura says she does work in the newspapers and he asks her to proove it, but I don't know how!
So, what should I do?

Old 10-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #33
Can't open the ZIP

Everytime I try to open the zip file it tells me it is either corrupt or not in normal zip format. I'm running XP and using PowerArchiver to unzip. Is there something wrong with my settings or is the file corrupt? Anyone got help?

Old 19-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #34
Anovich

No WAY. I have to RESTART because I forget to pick up a freakin boot in act 4????
CHRIST! Anyway it's a very good game in spite of all that stuff u miss out on.
I'm pretty sure Jane Jensen must have been inspired by the Laura Bow games when making Gabriel Knight 3, I seem to recognize certain similarities in the detective teqniques

Old 19-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #35
Hooba

I absolutely LOVE this game.
I think I still have the box!
All of you major adventure fans should really check this out.
It may start off a little slow (with some unrelated stories and characters),
yet, it's picks up once you get to the museum.
And boy, talk about some exotic and grisly deaths...
An absolutely fabulous game. It's a pretty clever mystery where your involvement determines how much of the mystery you uncover and the ending you get (one is particularly hilarious).

Anyway, I don't want to ruin anything else for you.
If you enjoyed the first game, you'll most likely appreciate this one.
Either way, check it out and try to stay away from any of those damn walkthroughs that may tempt you along the way.
And make sure you save a lot (see Anovich's comment).
Have fun!
Hooba is offline                         Send a private message to Hooba
Old 11-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #36
Calamity
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Anovich@Jan 19 2005, 04:19 PM
No WAY. I have to RESTART because I forget to pick up a freakin boot in act 4????
CHRIST! Anyway it's a very good game in spite of all that stuff u miss out on.
I'm pretty sure Jane Jensen must have been inspired by the Laura Bow games when making Gabriel Knight 3, I seem to recognize certain similarities in the detective teqniques
Actually you're quite right in a way. Ms Jensen did a little bit of work on Dagger (namely voice acting in the talkie version) so I'm sure it must have influenced her a bit. k:

I recently found out about the site and I've got to say you folks are doing a bang-up job. I had the absolute hardest time finding Dagger, I ended up getting it off a Russian site but if only I knew about this place a little earlier it would've saved me a whole lot of effort getting half these games, especially from P2P programs (which is where I got pretty much all the LSL games and Police Quest IV) where you always run the risk of people leaving before the download completes.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 12-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #37

ok, i've downloaded the game [took me forever to find] and now i can't open any of the zip files. i'm not to keen on MS-DOS, so any help would be appreciated. maybe a walkthrough on what i should be doing or what i could be doing wrong? i'm currently have XP on my computer.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #38
Sammo

Woah, what a wonderful game!

Always had a soft spot for Miss Bow...She was my first, ya know. :w00t:

Yeah, actually The Colonel's Bequest was the first computer game I managed to end...well, maybe because it was almost impossible not to finish it: you could pretty much sleepwalk through it all, ending with an absymal rating of course... :whistle:
In this one, not only you have to actually pay attention during all the events, since you'll get to put your evidences and intuitions to use (the ending trial...pure genius!), but the killer in an act is actually trying to get ya....he ain't just lurking in shadowy corners or waiting for you to take a shower like in Colonel's Bequest ! LOL

Nonetheless, the museum is quite spooky, but nothing can beat Dijon Mansion IMO: hey, in CB there was a murderer on the loose and NOBODY would believe you about his presence...in this one, the bodies don't vanish in thin air before anyone can see it!

Sadly, they don't make games like this anymore...oh, old Sierra games! They were so funny! Maybe it was because they could be so marvelously stupid at times, like in this game, where you DIE everytime you DON'T WATCH BOTH WAYS WHEN YOU CROSS THE ROAD... Oh, how much I miss these games!

Sammo from Italy
Sammo is offline                         Send a private message to Sammo
Old 27-02-2005, 03:40 AM   #39
skatesa207

i loved this game damn its so original, there is actually a very good story and characters that unfold. i think that they should re-release these games with the modern technology they have and maybe even make them 3-d, this one would be hella creepy in 3-d, but this game is kind of humurous, so i dont know if making it scary would be a good idea. anyways, thanks for putting up this game.
skatesa207 is offline                         Send a private message to skatesa207
Old 04-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #40
Maftik

Hello everybody
Now I´m not playing the games anymore but when I was a teenager I LOVED (!!!) the adventures. Laura bow 2 is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC AND GENIAL GAME!!!!!!!! Although I don´t play games anymore, I have one "wish" that still wasn´t fulfilled and it is the last thing from the adventure world that I would really like to get know. Well, in Laura Bow 2 as you surely know, you must use your detective skill or ability, cause on the end of the game you will be given a lot of question about who killed who and why and who did what and why. It is your task during the game to watch everything absolutely carefully, think logically and put things into relations to decover the mystery, or, simply, to get know who killed who and why etc. Well, this is it - although I wanted to get know this during playing the game myslef (I´ve played it several times) I failed and I had to look into direction of our czech computer game magazine called excalibur. Well, there were written the right answers - BUT THERE WASN´ T WRITTEN HOW TO STRIKE THE TRACKS, HOW TO FIND THE DETAILS, SIMPLY WHAT I HAD TO NOTICE IN THE CONCRETE TO UNCOVER THE MURDERER, HOW COULD I FIND THAT FIRST KILLED SECOND etc. If here is somebody who have a little of time and know it everything, or at least something, please really please write it to me :bye: :help: :Brain: my email is: maftik@seznam.cz. This is the last thing from adventure world I want to know, then the piece of my adventure heart can definitely die and rest in peace :angel: