Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #341
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've met the basilisk myself... no idea on how to defeat the thing, however.
My best guess is there might be some item (shield, sword, amulet, ring???) which allows that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #342
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You cannot kill the basilisk, it should be obvious if you read the texts before the encounter.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 31-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #343

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but after downloading the file I've discovered that the filesize is, in fact, ~18 mb, not 11; this needs a fix.

Old 18-08-2007, 04:48 AM   #344
mongalong_x

Hi guys, currently having a little and VERY FRUSTRATING in-game problem..
I'm currently in the swamp, have just killed the wizard in the tower, gotten the Noctrox document and crystal ball, taken it to the witch, escaped from her house, gotten the chest with the Rantzy document and the net. So all is good so far, except i can't seem to find this DAMN SWAMP RANTZY anywhere! I've looked at about four walkthroughs and they all say that he is in a 2x2 patch of land, only accessible by water in the upper north of the map. I've swum around onto every patch of land I can find, but no swamp rantzy.

Can anybody help, as I'm getting very irritated...

mongalong_x is offline                         Send a private message to mongalong_x
Old 18-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #345
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Move around, it should be there somwhere - if you didn't kill it before.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #346
mongalong_x

[quote]305227[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Move around, it should be there somwhere - if you didn't kill it before.
[/b]

Where did you find him? was he on a patch of land in the middle of the water next to the tower?

On the boardwalk right next to the tower I keep getting into a fight with two swamp rantzy's, every time I quit and reload it again. But it says nothing about one of them being 'peculiar' or anything.
mongalong_x is offline                         Send a private message to mongalong_x
Old 19-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #347
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

It's at number 24 on the map at http://nlt-hilfe.crystals-dsa-foren.de/page.php?126
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 24-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #348

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 8 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]289627[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Iv tried several things now and ran against the chest countless times but I failed to open it. I never once received any kind of message from the game or anything. Is it perhaps possible for you to open it, if I give you the savegame? Or can you perhaps remember how you did it? Because I really am unwilling to spend more time trieing to open this chest as it doesnt work at all for me
[/b]
The solution is: turn off "walk stepwise". That worked for us, after all! Good luck!

Old 25-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #349

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ May 6 2004, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1525[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Welcome to the Forum, jello.

Keep in mind that this is a German remake of a game in English. Germans, in particular, are not good translators. (Watch out for the occasional mistranslations in the game). And there are very few germans who speak English. That is the reason why speech is not included.

Hope this has helped you a bit.
(Remember to download the manual and map too).
(Also it took me some time to make them :wink: )
[/b]
I don't think there are more English or American people speaking German than the other way round. So, please be careful what you're talking about. Many Germans know how to speak English a lot better than quite a few other folks as they start learning it from the age of 10 for about 4-5 hours a week. Even if you're from Norway and do know German: keep it together!

Your comment is, therefore, quite unhelpful and ill-researched.

Old 25-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #350

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ May 6 2004, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1525[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Welcome to the Forum, jello.

Keep in mind that this is a German remake of a game in English. Germans, in particular, are not good translators. (Watch out for the occasional mistranslations in the game). And there are very few germans who speak English. That is the reason why speech is not included.

[/b]
By the way, how do you explain that hundred thousands of copies of the English Harry Potter version were sold in Germany on the first few days. If they don't understand any English, it must have been for decoration...