Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #21
natas
Forum hobbit

I am not against esa. They simply should change the rulez regarding abandoned games. They want you to buy lots of new computer games and many user want the old adandoned ones to be freeware, so make a deal with them.
natas is offline                         Send a private message to natas
Old 16-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #22
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Actually, the ESA is only following what those who pay them want them to do. Nothing else. So, asking for ESA to change their way of thinking is pretty much wasting time...
Old 17-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #23
natas
Forum hobbit

Ok, then do the deal with the principals instead.
Old 17-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #24
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yeah right... And I'm supposed to take all that huge load of work myself?

Do it yourself and we'll back you up instead.
Old 17-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Erm, natas... maybe you should read the first question and answer of FAQ.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 17-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #26
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Apr 16 2006, 11:44 PM
Actually, the ESA is only following what those who pay them want them to do. Nothing else. So, asking for ESA to change their way of thinking is pretty much wasting time...
wasn't that exactly what our red faced frined suggested- not to buy games from the companies (seeing how ESA doesn't sell anything )?
I agree (to a point) with that view. fire must be fought with fire and econimics with economics! :w00t:
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 17-04-2006, 07:53 AM   #27
natas
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Apr 17 2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah right... And I'm supposed to take all that huge load of work myself?

Do it yourself and we'll back you up instead.
No, not specially you should do that. Everybody who is interrested in the old goodies should do that.

I didn't buy new games for a longer time and will continue that until they give the old goodies free or at least make them available (I miss many of them), and I share my thoughts with others too.

Of course I could have emailed to Sierra for example and told them: Hi Sierra, I have bought 5 different Halflife games and addons and would continue buying your games if you continue offering the good old ones. But they wouldn't take notice of a single person. All peolple who want the old games must do this. and it has to be managed in some way; it could end up in spamming the game industry otherwise.

I didn't really miss something in the past few years because I did not buy new games (games don't get better or worthier by screwing up graphics or adding tons of special effects anyway). When I need a new game, which means an other one than them I already have, I simply buy heavily reduced in price games. The industry cannot live from that.

The game industry wants our money. Because they cannot earn that much money for old games as for technically revolutionary new ones, they hide the old ones and want us to buy the new actual ones instead.

I prefer games that was done from people who loved doing that and who love playing games also, not games that was simply put together to earn a lot of money. And I don't like the industry to tell me what I should buy. I am able to decide myself.

As long as thousands of stupid people run into the shops buying games because they simply are cool or in or because the neighbor has that game also, nothing will change.

Remember: We all have the money they want. We all have the power. We all should make the rules not the industry.

Pewww, enough said to that topic. Don't ask me how long it took me putting this into english ...
Old 26-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #28
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I find ESA is doing the right thing otherwie people could make you pay 50 bucks just to play commander keen one if esa did not exist.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 26-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Win98, it's right the other way round. BECAUSE ESA exists, they CAN make you pay 50 bucks for Commander Keen 1.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-04-2006, 03:46 AM   #30
win98
In the loop on hardware.

oops :not_ok: .
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98