Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is 2O 2O is the future of oneday cricket?
Yes 3 33.33%
Maybe 3 33.33%
No 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #21
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

the back of today's Metro said "79 Aussies Crushed!" - I thought for a minute they were ecstatic about some Australians having had something heavy fall on them before I realised it was the sports page.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 16-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #22
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ricket Ponting has one of the best pull shots in the world. None can best him, NONE.

Just thought I'd throw that out.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 16-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #23
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Sorry Sameeralord to see your post so lately. Hi, I am from India and I guess you know about Cricket and India, Cricket is a religion in India. As far as 20-20 is concerned, attempts are been made here to make it interesting and launch here in India. Stadiums are under preparation for it in Bangalore. Well, there has been a massive discussion all over about 20-20. I guess, with the changing lifestyles, 20-20 can be very attractive. Its strange that Australia lost so badly to England. Australia is the no.1 team in the World. Maybe, England worked hard this time.
Adam Gilchrist once said in his interview that he loves 20-20 but would never want it to be on International Level.
Well, 20-20 is dangerous for the bowlers. It will make the game one sided, only for the batsman and bowlers will have nothing to do. So I don't think 20-20 replacing current One Day Cricket. As far as Test Cricket is concerned I think, there should be some changes in it to make it interesting. And One Day Cricket is about to undergo some changes( as said by ICC) like giving the fielding captain option to put the first 15 over restriction as he likes.
By the way, Greg Chappell has arrived in India, and will start coaching Indian team now.

If people here are interested about cricket, I have a DOS cricket game titled "Allan Border's Cricket". If you people are interested, I can submit it to you! k: . I guess it should be abandonware (its freeware ofcourse).

One more thing, Sameeralord, I think its impossible to teach Cricket just by showing pictures like what you have tried. I guess, games can be learned only practically. Well, you have done good work. keep it up!
Thanx
Old 17-06-2005, 03:39 AM   #24
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by vipin@Jun 16 2005, 11:33 AM
Sorry Sameeralord to see your post so lately. Hi, I am from India and I guess you know about Cricket and India, Cricket is a religion in India. As far as 20-20 is concerned, attempts are been made here to make it interesting and launch here in India. Stadiums are under preparation for it in Bangalore. Well, there has been a massive discussion all over about 20-20. I guess, with the changing lifestyles, 20-20 can be very attractive. Its strange that Australia lost so badly to England. Australia is the no.1 team in the World. Maybe, England worked hard this time.
Adam Gilchrist once said in his interview that he loves 20-20 but would never want it to be on International Level.
Well, 20-20 is dangerous for the bowlers. It will make the game one sided, only for the batsman and bowlers will have nothing to do. So I don't think 20-20 replacing current One Day Cricket. As far as Test Cricket is concerned I think, there should be some changes in it to make it interesting. And One Day Cricket is about to undergo some changes( as said by ICC) like giving the fielding captain option to put the first 15 over restriction as he likes.
By the way, Greg Chappell has arrived in India, and will start coaching Indian team now.

If people here are interested about cricket, I have a DOS cricket game titled "Allan Border's Cricket". If you people are interested, I can submit it to you! k: . I guess it should be abandonware (its freeware ofcourse).

One more thing, Sameeralord, I think its impossible to teach Cricket just by showing pictures like what you have tried. I guess, games can be learned only practically. Well, you have done good work. keep it up!
Thanx
Hi Vipin,
Thanks for your constructive comments. Of course I know India. I know it is hard to teach cricket in pictures but this is better than nothing. I have Allan border's cricket as well it is a great old cricket game. Just bit off topic here do you have Shane warne cricket?. Anyways I'll continue my rules once in a while. Thanks for the comments.
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 17-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #25
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Ok, keep the good work going! I don't have Shane Warne Cricket, I have now searched for it on Google and found that it is commercial game. Infact there are many cricket games now!
See This:-
http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abando...ne_cricket.html
So keep the good work going!
Thanx
Old 17-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #26
Sameeralord
Game freak

OK Thanks for searching the game!!
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 17-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #27
auhsor
Super Freak

Hey good to see some cricket fans here I used to play it a few years ago, and it is a good game. Game can be long and drawn out, but that's the beauty of them. It's so good to just have the cricket on tv on a lazy summer weekend and just watch it every now and then.

I think 20-20 is a good concept for this generation, and I think it has it's place, but I wouldn't want to see it getting in the way of OD or test matches, as they are good as is.

Oh and keep up the explanations and pictures. It's cool being able to explain stuff thats cool to those who don't know.

Oh and for those who are interested, for my school computers project I made a cricket game. It's not got pictures or anything and wasn't finished, and its only really statistical based, but if you are interested click the link in my sig. Shameless promotion :P
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 17-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #28
Kearnsy
Games Master

Yes indeed. There really is nothing like a long day at the cricket. Especially when Australia is floggin' the competition.

Have you noticed that we have many people of different nationalities all participating in this topic?
Ahhh cricket: the great unifier.

PS: is anyone from the West Indies or Sout Africa. (Then we might be completely represented here.)
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 17-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #29
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

You know I downloaded that Cricket game Aushor and I couldn't get it to work, but I played Chessie quite a bit. Or did someone else make Chessie?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 18-06-2005, 02:35 AM   #30
Sameeralord
Game freak

Hi Guys,
Here is my next set of cricket explanations. As I have said before other people are more than welcome to post rules here!!. Thanks!!