Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #21

Hi

i played this game a long time ago, and would like to play it again, but i really have no idea of how to install it! could you guys help me out here?

Old 14-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #22
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 14 2005, 12:03 AM
Hi

i played this game a long time ago, and would like to play it again, but i really have no idea of how to install it! could you guys help me out here?
Have you tried using DOSBox?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #23
Eado
Lurker

Thumbs down

I’ve played this game a bunch and here are the controls to the best of my knowledge.
Menus
Navigate the menus with the arrow keys, select with the space bar and go back with the escape key.
Wiretap/Tracing
When you are placing a wiretap or tracing a car you are trying to stop the dotted red lines from reaching the boxes on the far right (alarms, phones, or transmitters). To do this swap the extra piece (the one on the bottom) with the selected piece (the blue one) by pressing the space bar. Select pieces with the arrow keys and press the space bar to switch. Once you have completed the wiretap you will automatically head back to the hideout page, or you can press escape to exit at any time.
Breaking and Entering
As someone above mentioned, the first time you select “break into building” you have to wait a minute or so for the game to load. After this you will get to select your equipment. I would suggest taking the bulletproof vest, the headset (motion detector), the safecracking kit, the camera, and the Uzi. When you are finished, press escape and select which door you will enter.
The basic movement keys are on the keypad:
Left = 4
Right = 6
Up = 8
Down = 2
Crouch/Stand = 5
(NOTE: this only works on the keypad, not on the numerical keys above the letter keys.)
To fire your gun, press the space bar.
The other action keys are the function keys:
F1 = Open
F2 = Take picture
F3 = Place bug
F4 = Use terminal
F5 = Grenade short throw
F6 = Grenade medium throw
F7 = Grenade long throw
F8 = Trigger remote
F9 = Set grenade trap (remote or booby trap)
F10 = Switch grenade type
Try everything to see what you can photograph and bug. If you see a red safe with a yellow X on top, make sure you photograph the contents!
To save the game or exit during missions, go to the hotel in any of the cities.
I never crack coded messages or trail suspects, so I have no idea how to do those.
Eado is offline                         Send a private message to Eado
Old 05-10-2005, 05:27 AM   #24
cmortensen

:help:
I tried using DOS Box to run the game and it lets me get through the three setup questions but after the last one I get a "filename not found" error. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #25
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface

Hi.
Anyone know what the difference is between an uzi and a pistol? The clip size is the same and damadge has no significant change in.
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 23-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #26
Guest_guest

hi. what does placing bugs in a building actualy accomplish in gameplay terms? i've place bugs in every room in a building before and haven't recieved any extra information.

Old 24-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #27
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_guest@Dec 24 2005, 12:44 AM
hi. what does placing bugs in a building actualy accomplish in gameplay terms?* i've place bugs in every room in a building before and haven't recieved any extra information.
Bugs let you know when somebody has entered a room you were previously in. So you can safely re-enter, without going into a shootout.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 26-12-2005, 05:08 AM   #28

there is no difference between the uzi and pistol 'cept the extra weight, and the fact that a bigger gun picture on the screen makes u want to pump more bullets into people

i never use decode messages, i know how, u can press f1 and it will give u a letter, however pressing it too many times will eat at your time, so just place a wiretap on the building, get lots of info then break and enter photograph everything and arrest the perp, all the messages decode automatically anway once you arrest the originator, Tracing cars then become nessessary but its easy just learn to phone tap really quickly and with a car trace u only need to have like 5 not connected even tho there are 6 to untap.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #29

ah - but you don't want to arrest people on a first come first serve basis, as if you arrest people who are crucial to the next part of the crime, then most of the other criminals will go into hiding. Although the immediate aim is to stop the crime, the main aim is to arrest as many people as possible (including the mastermind if you can).

There is a difference between the UZI and pistol - I think the UZI allows you to hold down the fire key, or maybe it has a faster rate of firing - one of the two. But it *will* cause the alarms to sound, so not good if you're going to sneak around. (to get the best scores, you should break into a place just to get info first, even if you see the guy in the chair, then go to your lab and decode the info before seeing if you should arrest this guy or not.)

Another thing you should try for is to get the evidence which will make the guy into a double agent. Then the crime will still happen, but you get lots of info - this really helps to arrest the other people involved.

Hope this helps - and remember, that if you've played the easiest level for a while and think it's too simple, try it on a harder level. Theres a lot of things you don't get until the difficulty is up there, such as prision breaks, people following you and doing firefights in the middle of the street, as well as more complex plots. Great game - just a pity they took out most of what happens if there's a double agent in the CIA (they were meant to give you fake info, etc. But that was replaced with the terrorists just have more awareness of you - bah!)

Old 07-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #30
Knogget

I, for one, can only say, that this is the greatest game ever... I hope that Mr. Meier makes a new version...
Love it -love it.