Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-07-2006, 05:05 AM   #21
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

i guess the first episode of the new series, the one with david tennent.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 10-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #22
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Okay, that's actually the first episode of the second season of the new series. It gets confusing.

And the first episode with David Tennant, well, there's some debate about whether or not that's acually the first episode of the season. Technically it was a christmas special and the next season started after that one, so it kinda sits in limbo between seasons.

But, as per your request, here is a synopsis of "The Christmas Invasion."
[Spoiler Tagged. Highlight to read.]
The Christmas Invasion
The episode opens with Mickey and Jackie running to the alley as they hear the tell-tale sounds of the TARDIS's engines. The TARDIS appears but instead of the usual graceful appearance it careens wildly off the alley's walls until it finally lands with a crash in it's usual spot. The door opens and a strange man comes out and accosts Micky and Jackie with a "Merry Christmas!" before passing out in the street. Rose appears and announces that the strange man on the street is, infact, the Doctor.

While the Doctor lays out in Jackie's appartment his situation is steadly declining. His regeneration has apprently gone very wrong. Rose is coping with the possible loss of the man who has shown her the universe. To cheer rose up Mickey and Rose do some shopping. While they are shopping they are attacked by a three of what appeared to be street musicians in Santa masks, but who's instruments turn out to be weapons. Mickey and Rose run back to Jackie's appartment, barely escaping with their life.

When they get there things get worse when a Christmas tree begins to spin and destroy the appartment, heading strait for Rose, Mickey, and Jackie who retreat to the room the Doctor's in. But the Doctor is still out and appears to not be willing to change that. Rose, in desparation, puts the sonic screwdriver in the unconscious Doctor's hand and whispers "save me" into his ear. This revives the Doctor who stands and delivers and disigentgrating blast to the attacking flora. Momentarly revived the Doctor makes an ominious statement that this was only the beginning of a greater attack before returning to his comatose state.

Soon they discover what the Doctor means when an alien ship appears in the sky. Speaking a strange tounge that the TARDIS is not translating for them, they call themselves Sycorax. They put 1/3 the population under mind control and make them stand on the end of any precipice they can find threatening to throw themselves to their deaths. Rose, at a loss, insists that Mickey and Jackie help her take the Doctor back to the TARDIS where they'll wait out the invasion. Jackie gathers up some necessary food stuffs and Rose and Mickey carry the Doctor.

Harriet Jones the new prime minister, is teliported to the Sycorax ship where she attempts negotiation with the invaders, but this doesn't go well. While this is happening Jackie steps out of the TARDIS to get something she's forgot. Soon the Sycorax detect the TARDIS and insist that the owners of this impressive technology are really who's qualified to talk for humanity and they transport the TARDIS (with Mickey, Rose and the Doctor) to their ship. Rose and Mickey step out and Rose bravely tries to negoiate, but the Sycorax are not impressed.

Upon their departure Mickey accidently knocked over a thermos of tea which drips into the machinery of the TARDIS under the floor grating. The fuming electronics revive the TARDIS and the Doctor. Suddenly the Sycorax language becomes understandable and the Doctor emerges, breaks the mind hold the Sycorax had on the population of Earth, and challenges the Sycorax leader to a fight for Earth. In a climatic sword fight the Doctor looses his hand, but still has enough residual energy from his regeneration to grow it back quickly, and finish off the fight.

As the Sycorax leave Harret Jones makes a critical decision. Calling in the mysterious orginazation Torchwood she authorizes a strike on the fleeing ship. Four beams from four corners of London lance out, become a single blast, and destroy's the Sycorax ship. The Doctor is displeased and with 6 words whispered to her near-by aid, casts a shadow of doubt on the new Prime Minister's fitness to lead, and eventually will see her out of office, "doesn't she look a bit tired?"

The threat repelled Rose and the Doctor are off for more adventures!
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 11-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #23
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This HAS to be a joke, there is no way someone willingly called something "TARDIS" without making it a joke, NO WAY I tell you.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #24
guesst
Abandonia Homie

The shows 50 years old. I'm not sure "tard" had the same implications 50 years ago that we ascribe to it now. It's an acronim for "Time And Relative Dimension In Space" and it just sounds good.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #25
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm not sure what they were thinking back then, but it does not sound very good at all at this time and space.

TARDIS, it makes me laugh, do you have any pictures? I bet it looks funnier than it sounds.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 11-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #26
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Wow, maybe a Doctor Who primer is in order.

Actually, it'll end up being just a Doctor Who link list.
This is a picture of the Tardis.
This is the official site of the new series.
This is the official site's section on the old series.
This is outpost Gallifrey, the biggest, most popular fan site on the web. This is their FAQ, the first paragraph describes the nature of the TARDIS a bit.

And these links will be copied and put in the thread starter incase anyone else needs to find them later.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #27
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Thanx for that synopsis of the chrissy invasion guesst, and the links. I went to the official site of the new series to see the synopsis, but all i could find was "THE CHRISTMAS INVASION!The Tardis falls to Earth on Christmas Eve etcetera etcetera". But ive never been to the other ones, thanks for them k: Musnt forget next saturday...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 11-07-2006, 06:23 AM   #28
rlbell
Game freak

An acquaintance of mine (ooh, I wish I could remember the name to give credit where it is due) wrote the following bit of entertaining doggerel for a musical farce:

I am Doctor Who
(to the tune of "When I'm Sixty-Four)

When I get crushed by sixteen ton weights,
I get right back up
When I end up murdered by a ninja horde,
I'm just dead until I get bored
Death is a bitch, and then you live,
that's my point of view
I am quite brilliant, also resilient
I am Doctor Who

I think this is great
That no matter what my fate
I regenerate

Flying the TARDIS through time and space
All dimensions, too
Its an interstellar rollercoaster ride
My assistants, they're at my side
Fighting the Daleks, tima and again
Who could ask for more?
I am a timelord, no not a crimelord
I am Doctor Who

rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 11-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #29
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Yes very good, but i think i should point out he can only regenerate 12 times i think it is, and hes getting on in years. Although, to be fair, it wont be too long until they make an episode where he finds out hes some sort of super-timelord or whatever and can in fact regenerate as many times as he wants. <_< Good ol' tv, always there to lend a hand when theres a buck to be made...
Old 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #30
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Um, it's a box.

My Site -