Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #21
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Okay, I say it another way: Gábor Csupó...

Quote:
Originally posted by www.americancorner.hu
Hungarian born talent, who has filled our homes with laughter, is Gábor Csupó, owner of Klasky-Csupo Independent Animation Studio. Home of the Rugrats and Simpsons!!
Klasky-Csupo and so Gábor Csupó is behind The Simpsons... I found some pages presenting this fact...

Who's laughing now? Now drop and gimme twenty!!

EDIT: Look HERE if you want proof, I won't quote so you guys won't say I made it up <_<

And Futurama is clearly derived from The Simpsons so...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 02-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #22
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 2 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]233864[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Klasky-Csupo and so Gábor Csupó is behind The Simpsons... I found some pages presenting this fact...[/b]
Klasky-Csupo is the production studio for The Simpsons, which was created by Matt Groening. K-C doesn't have anything to do with Futurama (also created by Matt Groening), though, as far as I can tell.

(I'm not trying to start an argument here, or to disparage Gábor Csupó in any way. I'm just trying to be clear on who does what.)
Old 02-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #23
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

You say I'm lying? <_<

Okay. You want proof? Here: THE HISTORY OF KLASKY-CSUPO

Quote:
Since starting the studio in a spare bedroom in 1982, graphic designer Arlene Klasky and animator Gabor Csupo, both passionate advocates of artistic experimentation, have built a company housing more than 300 employees. The studio's signature style embraces the wit and eccentricity of life through boldly imaginative uses of animation arts. Winner of 5 Emmy Awards, 2 Cable Ace Awards and numerous commercial, art and production honors, Klasky Csupo has created hit television series including "The Simpsons", "Rugrats" (along with Paul Germain), "AAHHH!!! Real Monsters", "Duckman", "Santo Bugito", "The Wild Thornberrys", "Rocket Power", "As Told By Ginger" and 2 "Edith Ann" specials.[/b]
Do you see that text in bold letters? Yes, it says "The Simpsons"!

Quote:
Klasky-Csupo is the production studio for The Simpsons, which was created by Matt Groening.[/b]
No the studio wasn't created by Matt Groening, no matter what you say.

I agree, Matt Groening drew The Simpsons, but it was not his product alone. If it wasn't for Klasky-Csupo, The Simpsons would never made it to the big screen. And because Futurama is clearly derived from The Simpsons, that wouldn't be here today neither.

But you know what? Go ahead, and tell me that all our base belong the USA, and we doesn't even exist here in the center of Central-Europe, they will conquer us all some time later anyway <_<

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 03-06-2006, 05:29 AM   #24
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 3 2006, 06:08 AM) [snapback]233938[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Since starting the studio in a spare bedroom in 1982, graphic designer Arlene Klasky and animator Gabor Csupo, both passionate advocates of artistic experimentation, have built a company housing more than 300 employees. The studio's signature style embraces the wit and eccentricity of life through boldly imaginative uses of animation arts. Winner of 5 Emmy Awards, 2 Cable Ace Awards and numerous commercial, art and production honors, Klasky Csupo has created hit television series including "The Simpsons", "Rugrats" (along with Paul Germain), "AAHHH!!! Real Monsters", "Duckman", "Santo Bugito", "The Wild Thornberrys", "Rocket Power", "As Told By Ginger" and 2 "Edith Ann" specials.[/b]
Do you see that text in bold letters? Yes, it says "The Simpsons"![/b]
But I don't see Futurama there.

Awesome show though.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #25
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

<_<

Old 03-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #26
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think Fruit Pie Jones was saying that while Klasky Csupo did the production for the Simpsons they didn't create it, Matt Groening did.

Personally I never heard of Klasky Csupo having anything to do with the Simpsons, wouldn't their logo show up after the credits?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #27
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Fine. Take all the credit for Matt Groening. Why should you care about a little pathetic hungarian taking part in something bigger than a box of matches... <_< bah... ignorance...

Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #28
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Klasky Csupo being the producers would basically take care of finances, advertising and such. While this is important they would have next to no input towards the creation of characters, stories or settings.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 03-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'd have to listen to the audio commentaries again of the first three seasons of the Simpsons (they're on the DVD's) to see if they mention Klasky Csupo, since they apparantly did produce the first 3 seasons of the Simpsons. After that Ronan took over and produced the other 13.
However, they had nothing to do with Futurama and Matt Groening and David Cohen are certainly the creative geniuses behind that one. And, if producing equals making in your dictionary, Futurama was made by The Curiosity Company.
Besides, most of the real work was done by the Korean animators... :P
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 03-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #30
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Okay, stop it already! You stomped me in the dirt enough... <_< Happy now?