Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #21
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Apr 16 2006, 10:31 PM

I completely fail to understand what the work this member done for the site have anything to do with this behavior...
It seems to me that some members are here to do some work, and some are here to practice power. I like more those from the first group :angel:
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 16-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #22
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Well, admins are here to work - but it's hard to do that when all you have to do is to explain yourself against ridiculous conspiracy plans and direct threats.

And when that happens, yes, we do resort to power practise. Because there is nothing else we can do.

This is Kosta's house - and in his current absence, we try to keep it nice and tidy for his return. At which point he will see all that has been done, and has the authority to redo everything and scold his admins, or anything else he might please.

It's not like we enjoy any of this. It's way more responsibility to run a site and forum, then what people assume. Anyone who thinks our job is easy, is completely wrong.

It's a frustrating job, and as such, we don't need any more frustration being given to us by our members.

Suspending Anubis - and then banning him - wasn't easy. His recent behaviour in the forum, however, has caused nothing but trouble for the admins. There is no doubt that he is a valuable member, but he definately crossed the line when he threathened Niles.

During the circumstances we had no choice but to act.
Old 16-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #23
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Apr 16 2006, 11:09 PM
... to explain yourself against ridiculous conspiracy plans and direct threats.
Heh. And Anubis was paranoic :whistle:
He was punished for "verbal delict". And this is a crime in North Korea and maybe in some african dictatorships. But what he did wrong in reality !?
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 16-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #24
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Did anyone openly say that you have an easy job?
We realize that it can often be frustrating and that you have to exercise your power to keep things tidy - but watch the line. Noobs and blatant spammers must be banned - if they actually are both of those things. But you have to act different with the adult members. Anubis has done a lot for Abandonia, and there are quite a few people here who like him. In my opinion, you should reason with him and discuss the matter of Titan's avatar (and Tiki's) in private. You all made your official statements.
And, last but not least - when discussing things with other members - the fact that you are Admins does not mean you are always right. Keep that in mind. Even if you know the rules better and became Admins for a reason, you still are naught but simple humans. Your ranks mean nothing when it comes to discussions about things not concerning the site.

Those are my 2 cents, and my only pocket change.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 16-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #25
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Personally, I think it's even worse when someone who's been around a long time and has done a lot of work does something like threaten the site and its admins than it is when a supposed "n00b" does something. Situations like that require careful consideration, because nobody really wants to see an old member get banned.

However, why should people be treated differently just because they've done some work for the site?

Something's not adding up here - people are crying out for admins to be accountable for their actions, and yet old members, the same ones crying out for that accountability, who may or may not have done as much for the site don't need to have accountability for their actions?

I think no one wants to see him go, but attacking and threatening other members, and especially threatening the site is not okay for anyone to do.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 16-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #26
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

But he decided not to go through with his threats, beause of the respect and love he has for the site.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #27
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

We might release the ban later - but as it is now, it stays. He needs to cool down.
Old 16-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #28
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Can you give us a vague description of the nature of the threats?
Was it something extreme, or was it just alarming?

Anubis was pretty cool, I don't understand how his behavoir can just shift bizarrely like that in a few day's time.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 16-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #29
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Apr 17 2006, 12:07 AM
He needs to cool down.
No doubt about that.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #30
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

I wouldn't go so far to ban him permantly. If he didn't cool down after the 3 days he was given, he should be banned for a few months maybe, so he can really cool down. If he still hasn't after that, permanent ban should be considered.

Just my opinion though.

Well, it doesn't really matter anyway, wether he gets a few months to cool down or is permanently banned until he cooled down.

It's just this word. Permanently. It sounds so....absolute :crazy:
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Closed Thread