Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #21
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Denmarkiwi!
what about the Dominican Republic and... fruit beggining with C? Carrorange?
Old 25-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #22
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Teorias+Feb 25 2005, 05:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Teorias @ Feb 25 2005, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dreadlord@Feb 23 2005, 10:22 PM
Not really, in life you make all your own choices* :blink: .

If you like to believe that,than just keep repeating that to yourself.But pay attention to this:
Did you choose to be a he or a she?.NO.Your father's genes and random factors made the choice.
Did you choose you had to work?.No.Our crippled society, wich we call "democraty" decided it for you.
Did you choose you had to eat?. No, your body decided it for you.

What kind of choices can you make in life, if all choices are nothing but a predetermined set of events in wich you have no influence?Hell, you don't even decide what your body does,let alone the rest. :not_ok: [/b][/quote]
In fact you CAN make your own choices
1)People usually just say I hope it will be he/she no, I CHOOSE it will be boy/girl
However,with science it could be possible in few years
2)What do you mean with not to work?You can not to work for society and become a beggar or just disappear in dense and big forest with many animals and hunt them with bow and spear.Yes miserable life,but some people CHOOSE to live it and like it.If you mean just dont work,well if you are rich enought you can just sit down play computer games(or whatever...)...
3)In fact what else are religious fasts than just decisions not to eat?Despite to fact many people starve(decide to not eat) as protest against something,sometimes even to dead?

You can ALWAYS make your own choices.Even against society or your own instincts.The point is that these choices dont change anything.You can decide to leave outside civilization,but you wont change it with your decision.You can decide to starve but that dont mean that you wont die from it.Bad choices arent no choices.In fact in life,sometimes you can choose just between two bad choices.
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-02-2005, 05:42 PM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

That's getting a bit more existential then I first thought it would be, but...

Can I really be free? Can I really chose not to breathe (withouth myself)?
Can I really chose to fly and do it - without the technology...

I guess we want to be free and do whatever we want - and if we can't make a difference ourselves, we resourt to technology thus turning our back on the natural evolution or limitation.
I wonder if the same could aply to the limitations of society?
I guess that one differs according to the country of your origin. Over here you can't even decide not to be burried at the cemetary (even if cremated - your urn must be burried there).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #24
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 25 2005, 07:42 PM
That's getting a bit more existential then I first thought it would be, but...

Can I really be free? Can I really chose not to breathe (withouth myself)?
Can I really chose to fly and do it - without the technology...

I guess we want to be free and do whatever we want - and if we can't make a difference ourselves, we resourt to technology thus turning our back on the natural evolution or limitation.
I wonder if the same could aply to the limitations of society?
I guess that one differs according to the country of your origin. Over here you can't even decide not to be burried at the cemetary (even if cremated - your urn must be burried there).
If we can free ourselfs from limitations of society with technology?Well it would probably ended as matrix..
You could chose not to breath like form of suicide(as you said)
And yes I want to be free.But it is just illusion anyway.None can really be free.
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #25
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 25 2005, 12:42 PM
Over here you can't even decide not to be burried at the cemetary (even if cremated - your urn must be burried there).
I'm going a little off-topic, but that's a bizarre law! What's the rationale behind it, if you happen to know?
Old 25-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #26
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones+Feb 25 2005, 07:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fruit Pie Jones @ Feb 25 2005, 07:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sebatianos@Feb 25 2005, 12:42 PM
Over here you can't even decide not to be burried at the cemetary (even if cremated - your urn must be burried there).
I'm going a little off-topic, but that's a bizarre law! What's the rationale behind it, if you happen to know? [/b][/quote]
R us sure of this coz i know people who have reltives in urns in the house!

And for irrational laws did u know that if u jumped off a building and crashed into a car its the car's fault?
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 25-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #27
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

@Fruit Pie: It's the fight between the church and the communism.
Slovenia was quite a backwards coutry with the Roman-Chatolic church in charge (through its political party as well). The main problem is, that their philosophy was - and still is - considered to conservative even by the Vatican.
So prior to second world war they were burrying people at the cemetaries only if the had the first sacrament (baptism). People of different religions (although at that point only 2% of the population) were allowed their seperate cemetaries (but only at certain remote locations).
When communist party gaind control after the WWII they tried to impose the equality for all. This reflected the practice of burrial as well. So they proclaimed, that no one may be denied a burrial at a cemetary. Latter on, to stop meking distinctions between people of different religions (Slovenia at that point in time was a part of Yugoslavia - a multinational, multireligious country) they passed a law proclaiming that everybody must be burried at the local cemetary.
Now they are deffending it with reasons of personal hygene. It is supposedly dangerous, to keep an urne with ashes in the house.

As you said off topic, but I think it's interesting enough, so I decided not to send it via PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos