Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #21
omg
Games Master

the lespians ruled. was well funny. parents who dont lock there guns up should take part of the responsibility for there childrens crimes. you could get hi in dues x as well which was well funny. i did it a few times just to watch the screen go all trippy. in fallout 2 you could get your charector hooked on drugs. which was annoying if you were in the middle of a battle and you hit your comedown. still its all in the name of fun. drugs and violence is commonplace in books and movies, and not all of those books and movies portray the drugs in a major negetive light either but hey, drugs are a part of life and not a modern problem either. in fact some people belive the problem began in the 60's when all the drugs were made illegal, go figure. is a game is going to make someone take drugs, i dont know, but i dont think its anywhere near as bad as the avarage gangster rap albums lyrics. and emeninem can go on about drugs and viloence all he wants and all he gets on his cd is a *parental warning* sticker .. in fact musicains have been dropping in drug lyrics , sometimes hidden sometimes not scince the recording of music began.
think about it. somone takes drugs in a game and in that virtual world there charector gets some benifits. they listen to a piece of music where a real person whos face and persona they respect is going on about how great drugs are which is more real for that kid?
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #22
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hehey my favourite moment was in Deus Ex when I tried to storm that warehouse absolutely pissed out of my head. I kept mself drunk too, it was hilarious. I couldn't hit anything.

Drugs are not really an issue in today's world to be honest. In the UK, 2 million adults take ecstacy every weekend. It's big news if even one of them dies.

Cannabis is less harmful than tobacco (mental illness my arse, they just can't tax it)

The only drug which causes problems is heroin, as it spreads HIV quite quickly.

Mentally unstable people with guns will always e a problem. Games are just a scapegoat. As soon as there is another media breakthrough they will get blamed on that. That simple.

PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 30-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #23
punch999
The true Shadow President

first this deus ex thing is kinda

PS: thx doc adrian i loved making it!
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999