Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #271
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The 14mm pistol can only use AP ammo, so the effective damage output can be lower than the numbers shown in the inventory screen. Just try it out, you can also try giving the .223 pistol to Ian when you switch to energy weapons.

@Kmonster
OK. I will try some pistol-like weapon for Ian.

@twillight
Well, I forgot about traits, stupid me.
ha ha ha

@Capo
Mama mia!!
Caro Capo, but I wait You, Kmonster and twillight to join me as commandos under my command.
He he he
I am kidding of course. But I recruit Ian already. Moreover I have one Mentat.
Or maybe this game I will play with less commandos, because in the FO2 Cassidy very often fired on me even I choose " Do not shoot at me". Sai?

I am in Hub Downtown and spoke with Lemmi. For 500 money he told me some bla-bla for Water chip in Vaults?
Would be so kind give me some more clear tip concerning this matter?
Q: If I read some book, no need to read again?

the brave

..and who to be next commando, if any?
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 13-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #272
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You don't need mentats, all joinable NPCs can join you even with 1 cha. But while Ian can be very useful early in the game party members do hardly contribute anything and keeping them alive can become very difficult later in the game, so you might want to solo the later parts.

Just explore the Hub fully and you should find a hint where another Vault might be located. (hint: librarians have access to sources of wisdom)

Reading several books of the same kind can be useful, as long as your skill is lower than 91 it will be raised.
But when your corresponding skill is higher than 90 reading books will be useless.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 13-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #273
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
As noted above Capo, in F1 Charisma is not an issue of hiring NPCs.
Doesnt it influence all the npc reaction, like companions ? I remeber it like a quite important primary statistic, but maybe too much time has passed
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 14-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #274
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Doesnt it influence all the npc reaction, like companions ? I remeber it like a quite important primary statistic, but maybe too much time has passed
Checks which could be charisma checks are speech checks instead, for this skill you can easily replace CH with additional skill points spent. The only useful charisma check (for CH 7+) is when you're male and want a positive response when you say "I'm interested in you" to a certain woman.
I suspect that with low charisma there's a chance that a few people don't like you but you can ask again until you make your check.
Old 14-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #275
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default ==

I remember the words of Kmonster that FO is less oriented to battles than FO2, so I decide to operate with no big command.
Maybe Ian will be the only assistant - to carry my stuff and help in very difficult situation.
Like Sancho Pansa from Don Kihote of Servantes.
(sry if the names are not correct).

..BTW I wipe out all moving elements in HUB Heights.
..and in Raiders- I free Tandi and one female prisoner. Sorry, another one was shoot down by Ian randomly.
Pls, tell me is this correct. I do not want to repeat my fail in New Reno with Bishop elimination.

- Why, fierce brave?
- They all were hostile to gentle, brave and humble yog.
That's why..

off
Bad time in Japan. Very.

Old 14-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #276
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

It's hard to mess up the game, so don't worry. Just save often and use different save game slots. Save before leaving for a new area on the map and don't overwrite it so you can redo the whole area if desired.

Killing everyone in the Hub Heights is quite beneficial for all the loot and XP you get. Tandi is the only one in the raider camp whose survival is really beneficial.
Old 15-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #277
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Sorry, twillight for the Traits loose

Quote:
It's hard to mess up the game, so don't worry. Just save often and use different save game slots. Save before leaving for a new area on the map and don't overwrite it so you can redo the whole area if desired.

Killing everyone in the Hub Heights is quite beneficial for all the loot and XP you get. Tandi is the only one in the raider camp whose survival is really beneficial.

Hurray!!!

I did it.

I found the Water chip. After endless battles with gnouls and some Harry, Larry, Gary etc. I entered Sewers of Necropolis and in the only operating PC at 3-th floor I got the chip..
Nice. Moreover I found Laser rifle and Plasma pistol
(sadly still no ammunition).

off
Konig Kmonster, do YOU know that the Germans are the best soldaten? Yes, they really are..Deep bow.

..and now? Have I same limit in time?
Forgot to say that I did it 44 days before fatal time end.

Q: Anyway why my hero is not running? Maybe version is reason for that fact?

I dunno what to do after chip is found!!
Back to Overseer?
Keine Annung.. I wanna very much to hanging around in the desert but afraid of some time limits?

happy brave yog

Old 15-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #278
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Just take the water chip to your Vault. The game isn't finished afterwards. You have about 13 years to explore the world and to do other quests.

Don't know why your hero can't run, maybe he's overloaded or has a crippled leg. Which FO version are you playing ?
Old 16-03-2011, 05:19 AM   #279
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Fiasco again - sob, sob

Quote:
Just take the water chip to your Vault. The game isn't finished afterwards. You have about 13 years to explore the world and to do other quests.

Don't know why your hero can't run, maybe he's overloaded or has a crippled leg. Which FO version are you playing ?

Yes, fiasco again.

- What do y mean, stupid?
Well, I was forced (or was so stupid) to eliminate Killian Dirkwood and Gizmo. I think that this is reason to find not so required Rad-X to visit the town Glow.
Without this medicine I am fated to die because of high radiation in the Crater.
Can I find some dealer to sell me above mentioned medicine or I must reload the game at earlier stage?
Moreover I plan to leave Ian in save place and visit Glow alone..

How to join the dog named Dogmeat to my command?
Will the dog obeyed my command to stay far from Glow?
Maybe it understand BG lang?

yog the brave and/or stupid

ha ha ha
Old 16-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #280
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Don't worry, Junktown is unimportant. My character eliminated almost whole junktown too. After the assassin with the shotgun shot at Killian, Killian shot back and accidentally hit Ian. Ian didn't like it and shot back. After the assassin was killed Killian's men were still shooting at Ian and I had to help my loyal companion fighting those idiots.
Didn't matter much that I killed almost the whole town (didn't they learn from Killian's death to leave us alone ? ), since I killed both the good and the evil guys not even karma suffered, besides the loot and XP I was also rewarded with berserker reputation and a very nice picture.

If you want the dog to join you wear leather like its previous owner or feed it. If it joins it will stay with your character until it dies or the game is over (it's very hard to keep it alive later in the game), you can't leave it behind temporarily.

It's possible to get the quest item for the brotherhood without Rad X if you just run in to get it and run out afterwards, but if you travel so far you want to take your time exploring. You'll need a rope to enter, it's the last location where you need one. You'll need to take 2 Rad-X for 100 percent radiation resistance, partial protection isn't enough. Don't waste time with reading books, using healing skills or doing other things which let hours pass, Rad-X lasts very long, but not forever.

Companions never get radiated or poisoned, just imagine they are mutated or have their own dose of Rad-X. Take Ian with you, you need carrying capacity for the loot you'll find.

You can buy Rad-X from Vance, the chem dealer in the eastern Hub, in the northeast of old town. Jacob or Lemmy can give you a recommendation or you can try directly pressing the barter button or killing him if you can't convince him to sell stuff to you.
The Glow is the only location where Rad-X is needed, so if you've already found 2 in the Necropolis vault there's no need to buy more.

Last edited by kmonster; 16-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.