Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #241
Kitsuneko

Hey, love the game, and I've pretty much got everything worked out, including mating and raising cubs. I did see something strange once, though. I was out hunting one day (I was the alpha male) and I saw the alpha female run past me and catch a rabbit onscreen. Instead of eating it, though, she picked up the meat just like from a carcass to carry back to the cubs! I didn't think you could do that with the smaller prey, and I haven't been able to replicate it. Does anyone know if you can pick up and carry meat from rabbits and beavers?
Kitsuneko is offline                         Send a private message to Kitsuneko
Old 19-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #242
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Didn't you just get done mating over on the Lion thread? ;-)
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 19-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #243
Kitsuneko

???
I've gotten cubs in Wolf, but not in LION. Either it takes longer on LION, or using the fast-time buttons messes it up somehow on that one.
Kitsuneko is offline                         Send a private message to Kitsuneko
Old 22-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #244
KapuAaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatianos View Post
That means that those sounds can be heard from that direction. If you hear (let's say) dogs from the bottom right - that means that there are dogs there (probably hunting dogs accompanied by hunters with guns) or you're really close to a house that has a dog (but that's highly unlikely).
There are dogs?! There are houses!? :confused: I've never seen either of these! The only thing I've seen are hunters and the people that walk around (I tried to attack one once but it didn't end well...) Are there're really houses and dogs, any wittnesses?
KapuAaka is offline                         Send a private message to KapuAaka
Old 22-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #245
KapuAaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
???
I've gotten cubs in Wolf, but not in LION. Either it takes longer on LION, or using the fast-time buttons messes it up somehow on that one.
You got cubs in wolf? :confused: It's really easy for me to get cubs in lion (I got them the first day I played! ) But so far I've had no luck with cubs in wolf, please tell how did you get them! Please please tell!

Last edited by arete; 23-03-2010 at 05:44 AM. Reason: smilie
KapuAaka is offline                         Send a private message to KapuAaka
Old 22-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #246
Kitsuneko

They come automatically in WOLF, after you mate, which is the more difficult part. The /quickest/ way to get to mating season is to start in winter on the plains. Mating season is the second month of winter there (it's the third month of winter in Timber and first two weeks of spring in Arctic). Anyway, wherever you are, you can check which month it is by looking at your wolf's age. Whenever your wolf is (so-and-so)years and 9 months old, that's the mating season, whichever map you're on.
I've heard that you have to stick close to your mate for the months before that and sleep near them and such, but I've heard from someplace else that it doesn't matter if you ignore them, the other wolf will still initiate mating on the first day of the breeding month. Personally, I didn't really bother. Either way, the other alpha wolf should walk up to you on the first day of the breeding season and iniate the mating, providing there are no other wolves around. If it doesn't work at first, you can still ask to mate later. (It doesn't show mating in this one, just a cute animation of them nuzzling each other. ^.^)
Once you've mated, the female will start to stick close to the den and the cubs will be born in the 0th month. They grow to adult at 7 months.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #247
Juky

Default Wolf

I like tha game!
Juky is offline                         Send a private message to Juky
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #248
Straitjacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
Hey, love the game, and I've pretty much got everything worked out, including mating and raising cubs. I did see something strange once, though. I was out hunting one day (I was the alpha male) and I saw the alpha female run past me and catch a rabbit onscreen. Instead of eating it, though, she picked up the meat just like from a carcass to carry back to the cubs! I didn't think you could do that with the smaller prey, and I haven't been able to replicate it. Does anyone know if you can pick up and carry meat from rabbits and beavers?
Check the manual, but I think it's T or something similar, because that's how you take a piece of meat from a carcass...
Straitjacket is offline                         Send a private message to Straitjacket
Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #249
Straitjacket

Also (I'm not sure how to/if I can edit my own posts - sorry), is there any way to make the DOSBox window larger (or even maybe fullscreen) while playing this or Lion, and what's the easiest way to increase the cycle and frameskip rates (I'm assuming this is what to do in order to make it run more smoothly - sometimes it seems to go a little slowly)?
Straitjacket is offline                         Send a private message to Straitjacket
Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #250
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

to make it full screen hit alt enter, to increase cycles use ctrl+f12, but in any case i suggest you to read readme.txt

the file is actually called readme