Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #201
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian

Yes me too it's blocked i tryed everything i'll look for the damn problem and i'll tell you all what's the problem 1st thing tomorow
Old 30-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #202

i seem to have figured out my problem and some sort of solution but its a bit dodgy...

For people having problems (like me) of gettin stuck at the tavern and not being able to move the solution was provided to press the windows button then the alt+tab button...supposedly it would allow you to get back to windows (the game minimizes) and from there you can maximize the game again and it would run properly...BUT this does not seem to work for a few of us.

Instead, when we press the Windows Start button, the game is still "mapped" onto the windows i.e. you can barely make out the desktop by moving your mouse cursor around.

What I tried to do was find (through guessing and trial and error) where the "log off" button was once the Windows Start button was selected, and select it. Then again, trial and error to log off my account. This allowed me to get out of the game without having to switch the whole computer off.

Since I have other accounts on the computer, i accessed another and immediately logged off it. Then i entered my account again (where the game was running) and there is was, minimized at the bottom of the screen. I maximize it, and it runs perfectly.

But everytime there seems to be a change of level or something (where theres this narration...i.e. it happened again at the three pillars) it does the same thing and stops me from moving around again. So then i go thru the same procedure again. This gets very tedious (logging off and on to another account and then back to my account), so does anyone out there have a simpler solution?

THanks in forward.

Old 31-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #203
a15drian
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 30 2006, 11:03 AM
i seem to have figured out my problem and some sort of solution but its a bit dodgy...

For people having problems (like me) of gettin stuck at the tavern and not being able to move the solution was provided to press the windows button then the alt+tab button...supposedly it would allow you to get back to windows (the game minimizes) and from there you can maximize the game again and it would run properly...BUT this does not seem to work for a few of us.

Instead, when we press the Windows Start button, the game is still "mapped" onto the windows i.e. you can barely make out the desktop by moving your mouse cursor around.

What I tried to do was find (through guessing and trial and error) where the "log off" button was once the Windows Start button was selected, and select it. Then again, trial and error to log off my account. This allowed me to get out of the game without having to switch the whole computer off.

Since I have other accounts on the computer, i accessed another and immediately logged off it. Then i entered my account again (where the game was running) and there is was, minimized at the bottom of the screen. I maximize it, and it runs perfectly.

But everytime there seems to be a change of level or something (where theres this narration...i.e. it happened again at the three pillars) it does the same thing and stops me from moving around again. So then i go thru the same procedure again. This gets very tedious (logging off and on to another account and then back to my account), so does anyone out there have a simpler solution?

THanks in forward.
:help: Aaaaaaaaaaaaa well do we log off or switch user????
Old 31-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #204
Menasor

You have to Switch User from the place your running the game...then Log into another account...and as soon as you get into that other account, Log Off. And then back to your account. Its important that you Log Off the other account. When i just tried to Switch Userf orm the opther account, the problem wasnt solved.

You'll find the same problem happening again later during the game, but not as often, so I guess this switching of accounts method isnt really that bad.
Menasor is offline                         Send a private message to Menasor
Old 31-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #205
Menasor

I havent yet understood why this game falls into the category of an RPG? Ive been playing a bit so far but theres no character development or npc interaction. It seems to be fairly linear and a lot of just walking around with a sword and hacking...(keep in mind that im at the point in the game where ive just turned myself into bats)...really hope theres a lot more to it...
Old 31-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #206
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

RPG elements, at the very least. Diablo is also classified as an RPG, you know...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #207
a15drian
Game freak

OK it works that way but i don't loged off that user and it works OK
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #208
a15drian
Game freak

2x POST:
OK i'ved found a better solution it goes like this:
1. OPEN THE GAME
2. START GAME
3. YOU SEE IT'S A DARK SCREEN OK THAT'S THE PROBLEM
4. PUSH THE WINDOW BUTTON
5. TRY TO SWITCH USER
6. OPEN THE GAME IN THE USER
7. START THE GAME OK BLANK AS ALLWAYS THEN PRESS THE WINDOW BUTTON AND TRY TO PUSH THE "ALL PROGRAMS" THEN IT WILL SHRINK THEN OPEN THE GAME AGAIN AND IT WILL WORK LIKE THAT

P.S.: the problem of this game is that the game has no video clips like you know video clips i had the original game sometime and the game started with a video clip and at the pillars and at all the game when it stucks i'ved finished it yesterday and i am going to p[lay it again because it's cool

2nd P.S.: This game deserves to be an RPG game
Old 05-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #209
Menasor

so are u actually playing the game in another account?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #210
a15drian
Game freak

Yes another account like i have the winXP and you can create accounts and it's esaey ok like switch user and then open the game in that account and let it there and then open the game again in the account u wan't to play and it works with the window button and it's more esaeyer than switching user all the time ok goo luck