Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by troop18546+Apr 22 2006, 02:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (troop18546 @ Apr 22 2006, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stebbi@Apr 22 2006, 02:40 PM
@Troop Tupac isn't dead!
I know this is , but what do you mean by that? He is dead for almost 10 years. [/b][/quote]
He faked it!

One of the evidence that he is still alive

AND

In one of resent video's with tupac in it (they said it was an old tape) But in that video he was in adidas shoe's that were made 2004!
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 22-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
The Good Soldier Švejk
[BANNED]

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I WANT A NEW STAR TREK MOVIE!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!

GODDAMNIT!!!!!

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
The Good Soldier Švejk is offline                         Send a private message to The Good Soldier Švejk
Old 22-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
omg
Games Master

if they would just stick to continuity in the story lines it would have worked. they tweaked enterprise to make it more commercial. which was a blow to people who actually like the genre, the thematic episode entrance ect rather than *its been a looong tiime* wheres my gun?)
then they messed with the timeline.
they keep trying to make trek like other things. the spend a lot of money on worrying about how it will fair on the market. the paramount commitee who did there best to f with bab5 would have got paid for that decision. if they spent a bit less on marketing and a bit more on budget who knows.
they went a bit far with the archer tpau thing as well. ok its nice to see her in her undies and all. but try as it might startrek cant play the sex card to well. altho kirk and green women is the blatent exception to that.
dominion wars. that would have been cool.
but due to the storylines involving freedom fighters and reformed terrorists im not suprised that it hit some trouble. which is a shame becuse ds9 actually has a good evolving storyline, with charector development, and even at time plot related jokes..
then they wussed out and went overboard on the kira odo love thing....
new trek.. what can they do? with enterprise they could have done the klingon then romulan wars rather than time traveling new things
rick berman said something like "we feel the fans have seen enougth of the romulans with the next generation"
most people i speak to cite episodes of next gen with warbirds in as being among there faveorates
and i saw the TOS episode with the old school warbird years ago.. cant remeber what its called though. and it was cool.
it needs time to rest. and then a new script writing staff who adhere to the rules. startrek only works when it follows its own rules, as if you have watched it for years through its different incarnations then you are aware of those rules even if its on a subconcios level.
also the multi racial card needs to be playd more. enterprise.. a yank captain, a texan engineer, a british gunner, a hot vulcan, the doctor is an alien.
as the trek bridge of the 1960's was seen as extremely multicultral with a russian crew member and a black crew member so and new crew should also be. like enterprise should have had an arabic bridge crew member. the russian was in the original crew to show that we all resolve our differences and get on. startrek was always about the message of a peacefull technologically advanced civilisation spreading the word. enterprise is a modle of how americans like to see the world.
TOS was reveloutionary
enterprise was stale
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 22-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell@Apr 22 2006, 05:11 PM
I believe that Star Trek has run its course.
At least for now.

It took them many years to get from the last TOS episode to the first movie (which wasn't really any good). Then after some movies (the only one that was actually good was IV - the voyage home) they made a new series TNG. TNG was so good that it rekindeled the sci-fi flair and eventually DS9 was created. Some other sci-fi stuff was also made in the shadow of it (Seaquest, Sliders, even Stargate SG1).

But with Voyager (which was already just a way to milk a half dry cow) the ideas simply weren't there. IT started loosing that certain something Star Trek was all about. Enterprise is a miss. Any further attempts of Star Trek should wait until a new generation of people (who grew up on Star Trek TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) starts being productive enough to make a new series. Maybe that one will be good - but I wouldn't set my hopes up too high.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 22-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

An arab for a Star Trek crew? Hmm, wouldn't that force Earth to declare war to all alien races as an insult to their prophet or something?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Who cares about poopy Star Trek when the Silent Hill film was just released!? It was awesome... mmm awesomeness.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 22-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
omg
Games Master

constructive........
Old 22-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #18
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeh.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 22-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #19
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Sounds like a very, very boring ST movie. I'm a ST fan, and I really don't want to see such a movie.

I agree with others, another TNG movie would be way, way better. And there is nothing which doesn't indicate that Data would be missing in the movie, it's only a question of redownloading his matrix memory from his clone in the Nemesis movie to a better body so it can react correctly again.
Old 22-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #20
omg
Games Master

a cute female body k: