Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #11
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

styer27 - here's the deal!

1. The download buton which is the best indicator if the game is downloadable or not is above the review. If you see the game isn't downloadable you CAN SKIP reading the review it it's really such a bother.

2. Abandonia is the HOME OF OLD DOS GAMES, it's not a frea downloading site, it's more a museum, which if possible trys to offer the games that are presented here, so you can experiance them for yourself.

3. The ESA and BUY link are there for the games that are either activly protected or sold. Offering those games would be a big violation and Abandonia is not going to do that (we respect the copyright owner's rights to the game).

4. Why aren't the game reviews removed? Three reasons:
First - like I said, this site gives tribute to the game and the people who made it, by reviewing the game and keeping its memory alive.
Second - a member of the site put a lot of efford in the review and it would be a shame if it would all be for nothing.
Third - the game status MAY CHANGE. Most of the games will eventually reach a certain age or the copyright owner may change his mind and the game will be DOWNLOADABLE AGAIN (has happened to quite a few games in the past) and why should the game be deleted just because it's temporeraly not available for download.

With all that being said, I hope you now better understand the concept of the site itself.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 21-09-2007, 04:39 AM   #12
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]312189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
No mate, but if im downloading games and hitting advertisement tabs, then i certainly am.[/b]
I'd always just considered that to be supporting the site for the service it provides, but anyways

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]312189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyway, why all the attention on me, the subject is esa, you guys remind me of my family, always twisting everything i say into a personal attack.

If you dont have something nice to say, shut the &#@% up![/b]
Firstly, because you opened the topic, and secondly, ugh, was that necessary?

Old 21-09-2007, 05:08 AM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Ugh... I'm getting sick reading this thread. Customers? Right to download warez?

Kind of remind me why I stopped modding the troubleshooting section... <_<
Old 21-09-2007, 05:21 AM   #14
styer27

Send a message via AIM to styer27 Send a message via MSN to styer27

Thanks Sebatianos, that cleared alot up, thanks for taking the time to explain.

Jane, is it ..... that time ..... of month .. or something?
styer27 is offline                         Send a private message to styer27
Old 21-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #15
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:08 AM) [snapback]312189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyway, why all the attention on me, the subject is esa, you guys remind me of my family, always twisting everything i say into a personal attack.

If you dont have something nice to say, shut the &#@% up!
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]312201[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Thanks Sebatianos, that cleared alot up, thanks for taking the time to explain.

[/b]
styer27, do I really need to quote you here?. Now that you got your explaination, perhaps it would be better if you heeded your own words.

To the mods here: I recommend moving this topic, or at least close it.
Old 21-09-2007, 05:27 AM   #16
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 05:21 AM) [snapback]312201[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]

Wow. Just, wow.
Old 21-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #17
styer27

Send a message via AIM to styer27 Send a message via MSN to styer27

Umm .... why on earth are you in this topic if you have nothing to say about the subject, the subject is not me, do you have nothing better to do? kinda feel sorry for you

this forum is the rudest ive ever been to in my life! i only wanted to know if all these esa and $ games were really needed at the site, but a decent explanation was all i needed, yeah i was angry caus i went to DL a game that i had got here before, but wasnt available now so i had to go elsewhere to get it. But instead of a decent explanation everyone is quoting me and paying me out for the things i have said or how i said it, i dont have the best english or anything so maybe things come out wrong, but the things you guys have said seem quite clear, im not wanted here and my opinion means jack, how about you guys quote this: GET A LIFE

people who spam forums with nothing decent to add to the subject really annoy me.
styer27 is offline                         Send a private message to styer27
Old 21-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #18
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styer27 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:08 AM) [snapback]312189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyway, why all the attention on me, the subject is esa...
[/b]
If the subject is ESA the solution is simple... go to ESA, don't bother us with your (wrong) ideas about Abandonware

Tahtsel has given to you an obviously (and universally know ) solution.
Sebastianos has given to you a perfect explanation of the matter, which I feel myself to add this point :

here you can find a community interested in old game and gaming. This means interest also on discuss games, remember how much was beautiful this or that game, exchange knowledge about game (hint, trick and so on) and NOT ONLY on download them. And reviews are an excellent start for all of this things

Finally, you demand respect... but take in mind that respect is a "two way" thing and to compare Abandonia with a crappy Warez Site (because you are doing this) well it's offensive...

So don't worry, if you are no more interested nobody force you to rest here
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 21-09-2007, 05:55 AM   #19
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Rude? Youre the one who's acting rude. Were just telling you how the things are in here and youre not accepting the truth.

Look, If the game you want is unavailable, you can either accept it and look for some other games or go to another abandonware site/torrent search engine.

EDIT: And mind you, we have more games available than ESA-protected games.

EDIT2: And dont try to use the "but-the-other-sites-host-games-which-you-dont"-defense. This is just because Abandonia is following the rules.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 21-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #20
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I think we took enough time to explain now.
  • We are non-commercial
  • We are trying to follow all the cpoyright obligations and rules
  • We are trying to sort out all the misunderstandings between warez, abandonware and freeware
  • We have loads of stickies and FAQs and rule-notices that can and shall be looked upon
  • We are a rather liberal community, in other fora there would have been an instant ban
  • We took over one forum-page time to sort this issue out
If you have to have the games you mentioned, either buy them or "purchase" them elsewhere.
This is not a playground where kiddies may throw dirt at each other and the parents just stand there and say "NO-NO!"
If you get a bopped 'cause you misbehaved and you're upset instantly - not our problem.

I close this topic due to the flaming potential in here. I see dark clouds at the horizon.

Please figure out if you like to stay with us on out conditions or please leave.