Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #11
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I hate people who say "The games of today are all about graphics and no storyline". I'm wondering what you would say if someone took one of your wondefully thought out games with a fantastic storyline, and buffed it up with good graphics. I have a feeling you would say "The games of today are all about graphics and no storyline".
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 25-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #12
Zarkumo
Game freak

Why, just why did they have to use the Half Life 2 eingine for Vampire:Bloodlines??? WTF?? It's an RPG not a freakin FPS!! This FPS hype really kills a lot of games. And then the guns have such an insane recoil anyway that they are completely useless. How can a vampire with enough power to jump ten meters or send someone flying across the room by hitting them with his fists not be able to control the recoil of an Uzi??? What a shame they killed this great game!

And what's wrong with Take2 and the GTA series. How can it be so popular?? What's the deal with this "freedom" feeling?? Hey, I don't know about you, but I'm free in real life, I don't need a game for this. I play a game for the same reason I read a book: for a good story. That's why MAFIA is so much better than GTA. And what's freedom about doing taxi missions anyway? What's cool about driving virtual people across a virtual town?? WTF?? Why do you get money for randomly killing people or bumping into other cars?
I can't believe how much many Take2 makes by releasing more and more of these games (GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas,...) which are ALL THE SAME... wait, oh yeah, now you have to go work out with your character, or go eat..whatever man, I do that in real life, so how interesting is this in a pc game?? Oh yeah, true, the character can now swim IN THREE DIFFERENT STYLES, WOW! Now you convinced me...what a great game...oh, and you can FART now, great! ...

And why is Diablo 2 still popular?? Why has it ever been popular?? Did I miss anything? The gameplay is completely bullsh*** as it just consists of clicking as fast as you can on random places on the screen which is filled up with an insane number of stupid monsters. And what's the goal of the game? To get new items which make you stronger to kill more monsters giving you even more items which enable you to kill more monsters to get more items which enable you to kill more monsters to get more items which enable you to kill... This game is the worst game ever! How come people invest like half their life into it? What's wrong with people?
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo
Old 25-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Next round for me

1) Why is present world SO OBESSED with graphics? The graphic is good, and pretty but it should just SUPPORT a good story,gameplay and idea and NOT REPLACE IT!!! I admit that it is good to play a game with good graphics, but it DEFINETLY isnt fun to play a game with awesome graphic, and practicaly no story(we good guys,they bad guys,they want to do something very bad,we go and KILL THEM ALL.And after it we drink too beers....The core of story of majority modern games).....

2)This touched my gentle spot. I am fanticall player of AvP. And of course I looked forward to play AvP2.But that -censored- screwed ALL that was good in AvP! In Avp P multiplayer was mainly about great numbers and teamplay.Two or Three marine had a good chance to kill one Alien and two or three Aliens had a good chance to kill one Predator.
But in sequel??? Everyone has basically chance to kill everyone.That degrade it to other FPS...And they absolutly SCREWED aliens gameplay.Sure adding chance to play as facehugger or chestbuster was good idea(one of few) but playing as normal alien is SOOOO LAME!!! I admit to learn play with alien in AvP 1 was very hard, but when you learned it, playing as alien was probably greatest fun in FPS mp....

Done LOL
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 25-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #14
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarkumo@Mar 25 2005, 01:41 PM
And why is Diablo 2 still popular?? Why has it ever been popular?? Did I miss anything? The gameplay is completely bullsh*** as it just consists of clicking as fast as you can on random places on the screen which is filled up with an insane number of stupid monsters. And what's the goal of the game? To get new items which make you stronger to kill more monsters giving you even more items which enable you to kill more monsters to get more items which enable you to kill more monsters to get more items which enable you to kill... This game is the worst game ever! How come people invest like half their life into it? What's wrong with people?
I will make this an example:
You all know how i love Diablo.But i won't answer to this.Why? Because this is not a flame thread.As the author mentioned this thread is only for you to post your point of view regarding game x.So for the future time, when you will think about flaming somebody in this thread, because of his/hers opinion on game x, think of my post.Take it as an opinion, not as a flame meant message.With this message i leave you to your discussions.Keep in mind if you want this thread to work don't flame.I have done my best to prevent this, now it's your turn!
Omu, signing out
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 25-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
I hate people who say "The games of today are all about graphics and no storyline". I'm wondering what you would say if someone took one of your wondefully thought out games with a fantastic storyline, and buffed it up with good graphics. I have a feeling you would say "The games of today are all about graphics and no storyline".
Nah, i'd say "Finally, thank GOD! What the hell have you been doing this whole time, now that you JUST NOW got the right idea, yah dumb game designers."

and, by the way, don't hate someone for an opionion. It's not good tactics.

but it is flaming. ^^
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 25-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #16
Zarkumo
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Mar 25 2005, 01:38 PM
Take it as an opinion, not as a flame meant message.
(side note: I myself finished Diablo 2 and its extension with all characters on all difficulty levels. Diablo 1 is an all time favourite of mine (well, it's way better than the sequel anyway)).
(edit: But I shouldn't have written "What's wrong with people?" That sounds offensive. Sorry, got carried away there )
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo
Old 25-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #17
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Not at all, i know that people get carried away in these kind of situations.But your post was excellent to make my point
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 25-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #18
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Some good points so far, some more ranting from me

Yes I agree with the notion of people wanting better and better graphics and as a result the gameplay suffers because of this, I really don't like it when people start saying graphics is everything and if the graphics are terrible I won't play the game, my friend is one of them, still annoying.

Other rant is why haven't PC Games gotten past using a CD-Rom based medium and moved on to DVD based games, if the consoles are getting the jump on PC's I think it's about time that game developers start, I see the problem though with PC's still getting CD-Rom's and such if you buy one from a place, but it's getting more and more common that DVD's are being built into the computers, seeing as the PS3 will use Blue-Ray techonology, just imagine with what space games could be put on.

Well I think I'm done

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 25-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #19
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Rant #1 - Why on Earth do they not sell Planescape:Torment any more, that game was great?

Rant #2 - Why do all FPSes now have to have at least 3 mods which are 'Real-World Terrorist vs Counter-Terrorist action mods' in the same style as Counter-Strike? Argh!

Rant #3 - Please will people stop thinking of stupid names for RPG names/places. Does this character really need to be called Kly'gft'rf' The Destroyer? Why not give him a better name like... Sam, or Fred. Madness. And who would really call their town 'Dragonswordville' or some other stupid name?

Rant #4 - Why, oh why, oh why do terrorists need to be stereotyped Islam or even just coloured people? As my name suggests, I am against prejudice and this is the worst kind. Haven't people's ideals changed since the 1800's when it was a 'white man's world', or at the very least just moved on a bit.

Right. That's one rant over.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #20
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarkumo@Mar 25 2005, 11:41 AM
its addictive. and there is a good community of players on battle.net(even if half do hack)
now my rant:
WHY THE HELL IS FINAL FANTASY SO FN POPULAR?? its only another crappy console-rpg type series and 99% of those are absolute crap. the only console rpg's worth the money was the chrono series. and thats beaten by countless pc rpg's (like FALLOUT) compared to fallout, ANY console rpg is linear as fk and linearity is one of the worst things in an rpg as it limits its replay value.

to those who mouth off about the halo games: the single-player may not be as good as most pc games but the multi-player is REALLY GOOD. and the really good MP makes the halo games one of the best fps games on console (only goldeneye/PD match up to them)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB