Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #181
arlesya
world wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiebig View Post
Posts 159, 163 and 166 are about the problem (imho), but as I've realized from the same person.

But anyway, what do you want to imply ;-)
weren´t those posts talking about sound? the sound is fine. is the whole game that freezes.
sorry, I'm not very good with computers.
Old 13-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #182
sfiebig

My mistake! Thought your first sentence (post 179) was aimed at my post before, because of the break you made. Must have been a bit vain, thinking someone would say something to my post ;-)

Your problem hasn't appeared, yet, for me. I'm going to try it in the near future, speaking to that jester.
sfiebig is offline                         Send a private message to sfiebig
Old 30-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #183
arlesya
world wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiebig View Post
Your problem hasn't appeared, yet, for me. I'm going to try it in the near future, speaking to that jester.
have you tried it? I thought it might have been a problem in my computer, but I just tried again today to see what would happen. and it froze again! maybe the game doens't like the jester?
Old 24-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #184
golan
Forum hobbit

This is a very good game; the writing is excellent, the graphics are extremely good for 1990 and the plot is cool.

I have several questions, though:
1) How do you get books from the library in Lyceum (sp?)? I've talked with the librarian and he gave me the call codes, but who do i say them to? Saying them to the librarian doesn't seem to wrk.
2) How much XP do you need to go up a level? I've killed a lot of stuff (about 1,000XP) and I'm still Level 3. How much more do I need?
3) Is there any way to rest in my room in Lord British's castle, or do I have to go to the wilderness or pay a load of gold to an inn to rest?
4) Are there any sub-quests? So far I've only encountered the main quest (shrines and prophecy book)...
golan is offline                         Send a private message to golan
Old 24-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #185
golan
Forum hobbit

Ok, regarding leveling up, I've figured it out; once you free shrines you can 'talk' to them and repeat the mantra; this will level you up. I got to Level 5 so far... But I still don't know how much XP is required per level...
Old 24-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #186
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

The amount of experience required to level up goes in powers of two. If I recall correctly it follows the pattern 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 etc.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 24-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #187
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golan View Post
This is a very good game; the writing is excellent, the graphics are extremely good for 1990 and the plot is cool.

I have several questions, though:
1) How do you get books from the library in Lyceum (sp?)? I've talked with the librarian and he gave me the call codes, but who do i say them to? Saying them to the librarian doesn't seem to wrk.
2) How much XP do you need to go up a level? I've killed a lot of stuff (about 1,000XP) and I'm still Level 3. How much more do I need?
3) Is there any way to rest in my room in Lord British's castle, or do I have to go to the wilderness or pay a load of gold to an inn to rest?
4) Are there any sub-quests? So far I've only encountered the main quest (shrines and prophecy book)...
The sub-quests take the form of the errands and deeds you must perform to acquire the runes and map pieces.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Old 24-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #188
golan
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
The sub-quests take the form of the errands and deeds you must perform to acquire the runes and map pieces.
Thanks for the speedy reply!

Now, about the Lycaeum library, is it possible to get books from there? Some of them sound like interesting reads...
Old 25-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #189
golan
Forum hobbit

I've now freed all eight of the Shrines and I have all eight of the Moonstones, but when I say "shrines" to Lord British he still tells me that they're all occupied by the Gargoyles. Is this a bug?
Old 25-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #190
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golan View Post
I've now freed all eight of the Shrines and I have all eight of the Moonstones, but when I say "shrines" to Lord British he still tells me that they're all occupied by the Gargoyles. Is this a bug?
Have you translated the gargoyle book with the silver tablet?