Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #171
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Do you mind telling me what in here is cheating? It's a bit exploitive of the game mechanics but it falls inside the rules of D&D and the games version. In fact I would call it power gaming, or at least meta gaming. It uses knowledge of the fight that the characters just could not have and setting up the character before hand to handle said events but cheating, no.
Exploit of a bug = cheating.

"Enter the final area in polar bear form. When the battle starts the bear paws will be dispelled (which is a good thing since you need +3 or better weapons) but you'll still have the 4 attacks per round." - This is not supposed to happen. Dispelling the paws of a bear is definitly an engine-bug.
Old 25-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #172
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Ye. Instead powergaming (and being fully legal) you cheated as yourself describes in post at 06-10-2011 04:49 PM.
I prefer powergaming above cheating you know.
Reading those posts you could have noticed that I wasn't talking about the no-reload run with the pregenerated characters since there's no pregenerated fighter/druid multiclass, relying on only one character who can get held isn't the right thing to do in a no-reload game anyway.
The only time I used this tactic was when I reloaded the game after completing a no-reload run with a party similar to Yoga's successfully to play around and see if a party member alone can do this too.
The druid in polar bear form (shapeshifting isn't needed to win with this character) was just the most fun way. I suggested it to Yoga because having only one character who can't do much more than running, drinking potions and attacking allows to concentrate and learn the basics of the engine, after such a victory there'll be enough time to try it with a party.

It's strange that you think that IWD is unwinable if you play the the intended way without cheating. There are many normal players who bought and played the game without relying on powergaming advice from the internet, even players with parties weaker than the pregenerated characters have beaten the game.

Not everyone who manages to do things you don't think you can do yourself is cheating.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 25-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #173
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
PS: Kmonster, really Poquelin send me 3 Shadows and more helpers to beat me.
Bitte glauben Sie mir
How did you get the idea that I didn't believe you in the first place ?
Be happy that Poquelin doesn't cry for his mommy instead, those pathetic shadows should be no match for your party and will be burnt by him soon.

If his helpers come out of the monitor in order to beat you instead just take your turbo plasma rifle out of the closet and send them back, if you're a pacifist just call for your cat which will be grateful for this demon meal.
Old 25-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #174
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Abusing a bug in the engine would be cheating you are right. Dropping the shapeshift form that tactic is still viable, though with less attacks each round it would be riskier but with the right buffs beforehand that wouldn't matter.

All of the Infinity Engine games can be beaten by an average player with an average party. You will no doubt die a lot and need to reload a few times, and would be using knowledge from those fails to help you beat some of the harder bosses but it is possible. Power gaming just isn't needed so stick to it Yoga and keep on trying and you will beat anything the game puts in front of you.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 26-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #175
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default C'est la vie

Quote:
Abusing a bug in the engine would be cheating you are right. Dropping the shapeshift form that tactic is still viable, though with less attacks each round it would be riskier but with the right buffs beforehand that wouldn't matter.

All of the Infinity Engine games can be beaten by an average player with an average party. You will no doubt die a lot and need to reload a few times, and would be using knowledge from those fails to help you beat some of the harder bosses but it is possible. Power gaming just isn't needed so stick to it Yoga and keep on trying and you will beat anything the game puts in front of you.

Thank You for good words and encouraging me, dear and kind DarthHelmet86!

I greatly appreciate yr help.

I will do my best but now You see that I am mercilessly beaten from Brother Poquelin and his cousins the twins Isair and Madae.
Still...

@Kmonster
Excuse me, for my big delay to present You my heroes.
I promise to post the 6 characters, of course after Champion Legue football matches in GB today. You know - the fruit harvest, election, projects and so weiter.

yoga -
the poorest gamer ever seen in AB and all the world
Old 26-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #176
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking I WON

Yes,
the victorious brave army just killed Brother Poquelin aka Behilfet.
The battle was lurid.
I lost one hero. But I used to re boost and heal my all remaining heroes as You will see at the enclosed picture to prove my success.
First words of the speaking artist after death of the monster were
Defeated at last! and the last words were -Yes,Yes.

--So what now, brave yoga?

-Now yoga will drink the best yoga wine and like 2 days and nights. Stop of the gaming with IWD2 and Shadow Caster.

Oh, pls, do not ask me how and with which magics, potions and so I killed the monster.
I will say only that I copied and printed the tips of my guru - the pride of Germany - Herr Kmonster.
To be fair I want to declare that 4 men detain me in AB in my hard days with Clouds of Xeen and after these days:
The great Paco - In these days Paco was not the Big Boss.
The clever Master - aka nice Scatty
The jolly Capo
and the wise Wizard aka kind Kmonster

Allow me to said Ty in their native langs.

Danke sehr Paco and Kmonster
Grazie Caro Capo.
Thank You Scatty.

And TY of all other men who were so helpful.

THANK YOU AB!!

Later I will post detailed explanation of my game.

@Capo

Caro Capo, I finished IWD.
Very politely: Did You finished Betrayal at Krondor?

Very hard? Nein, No, He.
I was 5 years old when finished this nice game. I repeat: The only bad moment was when some fat men grow up from the earth.

The very, very lucky yoga the brave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN IWD.jpg (107.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 26-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #177
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Well done, Yoga . I knew you could make it. Not many players have beaten the game on their first attempt without max HP at level up enabled.

Here's your well deserved price and beer .
Old 27-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #178
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Congratulations Yoga, as I said if you stick with it there is nothing this game can bring that you can't beat.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 27-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #179
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hurray!

Quote:
Congratulations Yoga, as I said if you stick with it there is nothing this game can bring that you can't beat.

THANK YOU, mates.

YOU very kind.

Now after little rest I will concentrate to cousins Isair and Madae.

The bad moment is that after IWD2 and Shadow Caster practically I have no future games to play.

But this case will be discussed after a while.

Have a good time as yoga the brave has.

Old 27-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #180
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
@Capo

Caro Capo, I finished IWD.
Very politely: Did You finished Betrayal at Krondor?

Very hard? Nein, No, He.
I was 5 years old when finished this nice game. I repeat: The only bad moment was when some fat men grow up from the earth.

The very, very lucky yoga the brave.
Was about time

Betrayal at Krondor is crap
How a 5 years old can finish any computer game is a mystery to me.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo