Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #171
LordKhan

Thanx Scatty I downloaded the game from your link and followed your advice..The game works great and now I am able to save..Thanx again
LordKhan is offline                         Send a private message to LordKhan
Old 16-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #172
Albynoman

Question 'divide overflow'?

Hi everyone.

Before I say anything, I just wanted to say thank you very much to the awesome people who go to all the effort to upload these games and making it easy for fans to get back in touch with their inner, geekier child. Secondly, I really appreciate the careful, well-written, step-by-step instructions that have been provided by other posters.

I still have on problem though. I have mounted file and done all the dosbox stuff correctly ( i know because this worked on my previous computer), but when i actually get the 'wizardry' file going, the screen rez changes fine, it's just about to start, it gets tantalisingly close and i see a brief little dos-like message in a little window that simply states 'divide overflow' or something similar, it only flashes for an instant. and then it's all over. I'm also using Windows XP and I've tried changing the compatibility to Windows 98 (hey, it worked for Wiz 8) but still nothing.

:'(

If anybody could give me some advise on this, I would be over the moon because I love this game so much, was my fav as a kid and I can seriously see myself repeatedly coming back for many years!
Albynoman is offline                         Send a private message to Albynoman
Old 16-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #173
Albynoman

By the way, just in case it helps, I'm using XP Professional Verson 2002 SP3 with Intel 1.66GHz, 0.99 GB RAM
Albynoman is offline                         Send a private message to Albynoman
Old 16-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #174
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albynoman View Post
I still have on problem though. I have mounted file and done all the dosbox stuff correctly ( i know because this worked on my previous computer), but when i actually get the 'wizardry' file going, the screen rez changes fine, it's just about to start, it gets tantalisingly close and i see a brief little dos-like message in a little window that simply states 'divide overflow' or something similar, it only flashes for an instant. and then it's all over. I'm also using Windows XP and I've tried changing the compatibility to Windows 98 (hey, it worked for Wiz 8) but still nothing.
Which version of DOSBox are you using?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #175
Albynoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Which version of DOSBox are you using?
I've tried on 0.63, 0.70 and 0.72
Old 17-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #176
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use 0.72 and change Core setting to Normal in DOSBox.conf.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #177
Albynoman

Okay I've changed the core settings to normal, saved it then tried it again but same result. :S Could it be something wrong with my puter? Because I didn't have anywhere near as much trouble with my last one.

Thanks for the help so far Fifth Horseman!
Old 17-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #178
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'll try to figure out what's going on.

-- Reed Richards
Old 17-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #179
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Odd, everything works just fine without messing with the config file.

Please post the exact commands you entered in DOSBox when trying to run the game.

-- Reed Richards
Old 17-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #180
Albynoman

ah, trying to run it in dosbox would be a good idea! You gave me the clue I needed I mounted c:, then went cd w7 and used ds.exe and it works perfectly! You are a champion Fifth Horesman and I really appreciate your patience!