Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #161
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Yeah, I used to do that on my old 3gig hard drive, partition a drive just to play it in dos. But now I don't have to do that, as dos-box is my old-games best friend k:

Crusader has to be one of the best games that will EVER be made
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 23-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #162
Ozon

Hiii There. I have got problem with my soiund card. I have SB Live! 1024. To run the game Iam using dos boot disk with sound drivers in directory C:\dosdrv büt the driver loads really weird values like : I/O adress is : 9600 and IRQ channel 0. And those values are unacceptable in Crusader setup :help: . cen you hel me? I have tried to manually configure the .ini files, but nothing helped. Thanks for your replies. :bye:

Old 23-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #163
Ozon

It's OK now. I solved by myself. If anyone has the same problem just ask. k:

Old 23-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #164
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

If you were using a decent recent computer dos box works good too. Of course, any computer in dos runs Crusader even better k:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 23-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #165
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

I got the full CD for this game, and it runs perfectly in my DosBox. Awesome game, lots of stuff to blow up No Regret, while a bit more of the same, is just as great, and both games are very sadistic to boot :twisted: Nothing like instant freezing or charbroiling an enemy soldier :roflol: :guns:
Old 27-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #166
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

The greatest pleasure of slaughtering soldiers is never seeing the battle lines in real life. Instead of slaughtering hordes of troopers and mechs, you have to risk dieing. There is no save game, no hysterical fall into the pool of acid, or watching of yourself falling in some never ending hole in the floor. There are no energy shields, and the closest thing to armor from explosives might be a tank.

The moral?

GO KICK SOMMORE behind! LOL

And hope you will never have to don the robes of war
Old 28-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #167
Outlander

Okay I run DOSBox 0.63 and I can install Crusader No Remores (I bought an original in a flee market) but I get the

Unable to Open file (null), in file FILE\FASTFLEX.C, line 38.

error during loading of the game..... I know people are getting around this because they all write back "ohhh i got it to work now" the problem is no one has posted an actual fix.

thanks for your help guys
Outlander is offline                         Send a private message to Outlander
Old 28-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #168
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jun 19 2005, 06:58 PM
Finally got the thing to work without a hitch. Except for the sound.flx, which I am borrowing from Regret right now. Certain sounds like opening barriers sound funny, like when you blast a lady in a swivel chair with a GL303.

If you are using your own cd, you can copy the cd to a directory and label it something like
C:\oldgames\remorse
then in dosbox's config at the bottom type
mount D (or anything but C) C:\oldgames\remorse
now type (at the dos-box screen)
mount C C:\oldgames
and run the install off of your copied-to-disk cd

this is very neccessary to run this game from a non-dl'd game, but you can also set it up to run from cd, but my cd itself sucks.

If anyone needs the FLICS folder, or AMF files for music I can email a rar of either to you. Don't know if the flics will work for you, but they work for me.
This is the answer I posted in which people use to get around it. It is the actual fix i guess.
Old 29-07-2005, 03:55 AM   #169
Outlander

okay I can boot up...it ends up I was editing the dosbox.conf txt file not the dosbox.conf config file. who knew there would be two files with the same name. I've had some issues with the intro but I can get past that and I've fixed cycles up to 11000 so It dosn't bog down and lock up on the video sequences.

But now when the gameplay starts I just have the characters chiiling with a black background. Characters have tracers when they move....

I heard you can try reinstalling or copying the vid files off of your cd but that's not working. I reinstalled the vids to my "D:\oldgames\remorse but nothing changed. I also tried to copy them over to the C drive but There is no Flicks folder in the C:\Crusader folder to place them in. I have tried full/partial install and Small/large videos. personal i don't see how editing the in game videos would help alter game play graphics but I'm trying everyting here.

thanks for helping with this guys.

Oh just to let you know I'm running through DosBox, AMD64 1.99, 768MB, ATI RadeonXpress200M w/ 128MB .
Outlander is offline                         Send a private message to Outlander
Old 29-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #170
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Alright. Dude, you are using dos-box, so set a file on your C drive to be the "installation" folder, then set a folder to be the "C" drive.

Like this:

mount D C:\oldgames\remorse (the file oldgames can be anything)
mount C C:\oldgames (keep the file oldgames the same as above)

now copy the cd to the "D" drive folder, and run it's install from dos-box.

This will work, man.

Also, I think with dos-box you can only use small video. Not certain, as I use the cd too, but my game runs fine when the files are copied to disk.