Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #141
Nyerguds
Game freak

Uhh... you got TD in there twice. I suppose you mean TS the second time, right?
And even then, you forgot to add C&C Gold between Red Alert and Tiberian sun.

Oh, and it's "Tiberian Dawn". And for all that still dont't believe that that IS an official name (more specifically the project name)... it is mentioned in the readme file of the latest DOS C&C version. Which I included in the currently uploaded version at Abandonia.

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------
8.2 *What is COMMAND & CONQUER: RED ALERT?
---------------------------------------------------------

* * RED ALERT is the next Command & Conquer game from Westwood Studios, and
 * * is expected to release in the 3rd quarter of 1996, (or sooner!). *A
 * * FAQ for RED ALERT will be released later on that covers the details
 * * of this PREQUEL to COMMAND & CONQUER: TIBERIAN DAWN.
There you have it.
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 20-03-2005, 12:39 AM   #142
undisclosed

For all I know, there might not actually be a RA3 in development, besides the community mailout 4 months ago, there has been no official confirmation, and already, 2 high profile staff members have left EA, and Mark Skaggs has supposedly taken a leave of absence.

Old 20-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #143
Nyerguds
Game freak

The mailout was an official confirmation though. You think they're going to post beta screenies whenever they make some progress? Please... this is EA, not some open source project. -_-
Old 21-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #144
ziambel

I have downloaded C&C but I can't choose any side -_- GDI or NOD. Somebody help ?

Old 21-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #145
planecrash

Send a message via MSN to planecrash

cNc (later adding the name and now know as TIBERIAN DAWN) was first cNc game
and was released because Dune 2 was a big hit.
later red alert was released and plane on red alert 2 were start too they were told to work on cNc TIBERIAN SUN.

after start work on ra2 but again were side track to make other games. later ra2 was finished a plans for number 3 were post on fan site. however cNc genrals was made which was a let down. then more new or chat about finishing ra3 was sent to cNc fans but sry busy again work and some other games like LORT BFME.

also westwood or ea released some expansion pack like (Covert Operations) with games update and gold updates.

lets how CnC get the story like good again cNc genrals storys were not as good and same with RA2

but nothink will beat the end of the Nod campain in the first cNc... icon cannon lock on to Paris....BOOOM

Old 21-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #146
Morbid_Pathologist
Forum hobbit

C&C Generals was more then a let down, its an insult to everyones intelligence, for that EA deserve to be put out of business, they've compeltely ruined a perfectly good series with their 3D crap, its just like changing a 2d fighter to 3d...DONT DO IT, IT DOESNT WORK!111

oh yeah, make sure theres a file called "GENERAL" in there, or else the missions wont load, the release probabyl comes with 2 named as GDI/NOD, maybe, thats how i did mine, and when someone wants to download it off me (school LAN, 100mbit =D) they can copy it off me with the 50mb of mods
Morbid_Pathologist is offline                         Send a private message to Morbid_Pathologist
Old 22-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #147

Quote:
later red alert was released and plane on red alert 2 were start too they were told to work on cNc TIBERIAN SUN.

after start work on ra2 but again were side track to make other games. later ra2 was finished a plans for number 3 were post on fan site.
there were NO sequels planned for RA (which leads DIRECTLY to TD). until later when Westwood Pacific came along with that stupid idea.

Old 24-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #148

There's something I don't understand. If you click 'start new game' you have to choose between NOD and GDI, but I can't click on both of them. Bug?

Old 25-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #149

anyone know why it wont work in dosbox? it says sdl not found reinstalling may fix the problem
but i tried reinstalling dosbox and no avvail.
Avatar is offline                         Send a private message to Avatar
Old 26-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #150
Nyerguds
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by ziambel@Mar 21 2005, 04:16 PM
I have downloaded C&C but I can't choose any side -_- GDI or NOD. Somebody help ?*
That is odd indeed... I mean, I've seen a similar bug on C&C95, when not running in Win95 compatibility mode, but I've never seen it in DOS C&C. What Operating System are you using? And are you running with VDM or not?

The file you'd need is called "General.MIX" (dammit people, disable that stupid "Hide Extensions" option in windows), and I personally created the one in the current download, so I'm 100% sure it has all missions of both sides in it.

And if I recall correctly, you'd still continue from the choice screen even if the missions weren't there. It would just give an "Unable to read scenario" error.

Quote:
anyone know why it wont work in dosbox? it says sdl not found reinstalling may fix the problem
but i tried reinstalling dosbox and no avvail.
That seems like a DOSBox problem rather than a C&C one... besides, unless you're running on Linux, there's no need at all to use DOSBox. The readthis.txt in the download explains how to run the game with VDM Sound.

Oh, and by the way... people who don't mind downloading an additional 330 mb can download the briefing movies (mind you - only the briefings, not the action FMV's) here:

http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/fil...ng_Videos;38648