Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #121
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Yes but humans dont have abilities that are needed to survive in wilderness without tools.And to make tools you definetly need some inteligence...So they all just die or they will be forced to regain their intelligence
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 01-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #122
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

But we need to realize that there are humans all over the world, some are in friendlier locations, like a deserted island, with few dangerous creatures.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #123
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Nowadays, things may not be based on survival. If someone is saved by surgery from an inherent genetic defect, then they have defeated the purpose of natural selection and survival.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #124
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

They will still need to find something to food.I dont mean tolls to defense but for hunting.Humans cant catch anything without tools or knowledge how to do it.And the both ways need some cunning.
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #125
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Ah, but surgery is for survival, that deffect might have deterred survival, therefore they may have removed it for survival, or there are different terms of survival, social survival, beauty survival, go crazy.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 01-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #126
Yobor
Hero Gamer

However, genetically, the defect is still there and will be passed on to the offspring, hindering the human race as a whole to support this defect. Many things no a days are deterrent to human survival. Obesity is being toned down by some groups when it should be brought up into the limelight. The fatness of people is a major problem that needs to be dealt with. If people get fat in that new society, where does that leave them? Starving to death, or falling in a hole, or not outrunning prey.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 02-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #127
bohor
Game Wizzard

The world will end, and if by that you mean the end of human civilisation, when another 10 km meteor strikes the earth!
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 02-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #128
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think I'd rather not think about it.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 02-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #129
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Like Seb said, no disasster will manage to destroy mankind. Dinos didn't disappeared when comet hit the Earth, nor the mankind when "Atlantida" exploded.

Well, dinosaurusses died when precenage of oxygen in the air was to low. 60 millions years ago, precentage of oxygen was over 80% !!!!!!! In the future, this will be lowered more quickly since we cut the woods (especially in Brazil), but it is long time ahead. Now, just because somethign is long time ahead doesn't mean we don't need to bother. Millwall was never to won FA cup and they reached the finals few years ago. Yes people, what are we gonna do when this happens. Return into the water???

Well, we have bigger problems in next few decades. Global warming is too dangerous now. Ice on the north pole has melted for 35% in last decades and temperature is growing. When i was like 5, they sad that every years temperature is raising for hal degree. When i was 14, it was raising whole degree. Now i'm 23 and it's still raising. I think Holland has big problem with water level growing, which is caused with this global warming, but soon whole world will have this problem, since 80% of human race lives on coast (which is 50km to the sea).

Now, something less known. Some Serbian astrologyst, i don;t know his name, apparently explained existance of ice-age using the moving of Earth's rotating axis. He also made the best calendar, but Orthodox church refused it.
Well it seems that our mother Earth is always in the ice-age, with short springs from time to time. Want to know why man lived in caves for 2 millions years and established civilization 5000 years ago??? Well, this becomes logical. Spring came and Earth stated to warm, first civilizations were found in warmest parts of the Earth, and later more civilizations appeared. No aliens and other X-files crap.
According to him, those (this) springs last 10-15 thousands of years. Since 5000 years already passed, it is not hard to calculate how much time we have. And when ice-age come, we don't have much choice but to abandon surface of the Earth, either we go to other planet or beneath the surface and hope that there will be enough food (plants and animals) for everybody, which is more then optimistic.

We have major problem burning right now, what are we gonna do in 20 years when temperature during summer are 60 degrees Celzius, and when we start building walls on the coasts or simply move entire cities away from the sea. But, if ice-age comes, all this will be no more a problem. -60 degrees during the summer will!!!!

One more thing, my professor of astrology told me that this guy explained why it is always ice-age and that his theory has been accepted considering his explanations and proofs. So, is it just a fairy tail then?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-03-2005, 07:51 AM   #130
TheSmyth
Abandonia nerd

With the way technology is advancing at the moment, it's more of a race between stuff that could make us immortal and stuff that could wipe us out.
But the chances of the human race being wiped out has got to be pretty slim. Yeah, society may be wiped out, and things may change, but humans have continued to evolve, and are evolving even now.
Look how quickly a baby can learn to work a VCR / DVD player, our brains are bigger now than they have ever been, every generation people get taller, every generation people get physically stronger.

Even if we did have a nuclear holocaust, an ice age or whatever some groups, somewhere would survive, and continue to evolve. We've managed it every time before. If all of our distant ancestors hadn't found someway of adapting to whatever got thrown at them, we would never have evolved into humans in the first place.

:whistle: "Every generation, blames the one before, and all of their frustrations come beating on your door. I know that I'm a prisoner to all my father held so dear, i know that i'm a hostage to all his hopes and fears.." :whistle:
TheSmyth is offline                         Send a private message to TheSmyth