Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #1121
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman4117@Apr 29 2005, 08:26 PM
Shoot it down anywhere! If you can't take it right then, maybe you can shift guys around and hit it in the 3 odd days before it disappears.
Then go there with skyranger(even if you have 1 soldier...) accept mission and take off....You will get 0 points for mission,but you will still get 500(?) points for downing UFO and iniciating tactical mission.It was often-used tactic in Earth challenge.
Ah but dont try it in Terror site,civilians get automatically killed and you will recieve BIG pentalty....
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 29-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #1122
Jman4117
Game freak

With the terror sites, landing and taking off gets you just the negative score for the civilian deaths. Ignoring gets you a -1000 >.<
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 29-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #1123
axident
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Apr 29 2005, 02:59 PM
(with a voice of TV wonder-gizmo advertiser)

So, you had a hard time against Sectopods, Commander? They are indeed extremely resistant to conventional and plasma weapons.

Fear not!
Solution is to always pack a laser weapon or two.
Unlike the filthy alien weapons, these are genuine Human technology, do not require you to burden yourself with extra clips as they never run out of ammo and are safe for the enviroment!

Only 2500$ apiece!
Order now and receive a free set of towels!

LOL (sorry, I could not resist)
I just packed a couple of Blaster Launchers and about 14 blaster bombs. :guns:

I say "packed" and not "pack" because now I have the luxury of having a ton of highly skilled, high-psi soldiers and psi amps, so I just walk Sectopods around and eventually they shoot themselves. :whistle:
axident is offline                         Send a private message to axident
Old 30-04-2005, 07:45 AM   #1124
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Or if you really need to take down Sectopods then get the two soldiers who you consider to be the best shooters and arm them with Heavy Lasers and HE packs.

You get into some good cover, hit the Sectopod a couple of times before the end of the turn and then if anyone tries to get close you can just blow the crap out of them.

It's not that hard to do and will net you very, very easy kills. Before anyone criticises this, I have to say that Lasers do 150% damage vs Sectopods and Plasma weapons do 70%. Just don't even try taking one out with a pistol. It's not worth it.

Unless you also carry a Stun Rod! Get 1 very, very fit person (about 80/90 TUs) to run AROUND the sectopod, stunning each side! If you get all four in one turn then it is going to be asleep for a while!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 30-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #1125
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

TU's dont actually make a difference when your shooting/stunning/throwing. All weapons take a percentage of your TU so if its 50% then a person with 100 TU's takes 50 TU's to do the action and a person with 50 only needs 25 TU's to do the action.

I cant remeber the actual TU% cost for a stun but I highly doubt you could get one person to run around a sectapod stunning all four sides in one turn unless they are right next to the sectapod at the start, and usually there seems to be a nice clear area just containg dead bodies around the sectapods I face.

TU's are only really good for scouts, and mules (people who carry lots of stuff).

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 30-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #1126
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I wouldn't know the exact TU% cost for stunning from the top of my head either, but I believe it's 25%. So with 2 soldiers it might be possible to stun all 4 sides in 1 turn.
TU does matter in this aspect that your soldiers can run a greater distance before stunning or shooting.
Old 30-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #1127
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I'll just have to re-install and play to keep up you guy's chatter
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 30-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #1128
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hmm do you people know of any way to reduce the cost of Stun Rods?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 30-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #1129
Jman4117
Game freak

You could hack the game, or get your soldiers TUs up so they can move more between jabs.
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 30-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #1130
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Anyone observed that there is a LOT of randominess when determiting how much will hit from weapon damage target?
An example:Normally I kill muton with 2 hits from HP.BUT I must killed one Muton(soldier) with 4 hits from HP and I killed other muton with just 2 hits from LR(normally 3-6hits...)
Or:I get autoshot on sectoid,I hit him 3 times,he turned with SINGLE(from HP) shot killed mycolonel in Flying suit, and when I looked at his stats he STILL had 23 health(from 25..)
WTF? :blink:
When I played Earth challenge I also observed that my troops can surprisingly often survive hit from HP(with NO armor) let see 1-10(what is quite much?...)
:eeeeeh:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard