Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #101
bobbyjoe
Lurker

hey guys, having abit of trouble on level 8. there is a guard that i cant seem to pass. on aproach he is on a new screen so i dont have time to withdraw my sword. thus he can kill me with one stroke. can anyone help me with this?
bobbyjoe is offline                         Send a private message to bobbyjoe
Old 16-12-2005, 05:52 AM   #102
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyjoe@Dec 16 2005, 06:16 AM
hey guys, having abit of trouble on level 8. there is a guard that i cant seem to pass. on aproach he is on a new screen so i dont have time to withdraw my sword. thus he can kill me with one stroke. can anyone help me with this?
when you are still below him use shift+direction key and sneak pas him. that way he won't turn arround and you can later sneak up behind him. all in all it will give you just about enough time to draw the sword before he turns arround.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 16-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #103
Thornwood
Forum hobbit

Couldn't have put it better myself. I tend to stop just short of where he is and walk into the next screen. It sometimes makes you fight him in the middle of both screens, but you can still back up some.
Thornwood is offline                         Send a private message to Thornwood
Old 18-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #104

thanks gregor, great tip. but now i seem to be stuck on level 9. i am almost positive i have been everywhere but cant seem to find a way out. can anyone help me with this?

Old 20-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #105
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Aah! Now you chappies are prompting, forcing, me to play it again after more than 20 years :whistle:

I used to know so many short-cuts, hidden potions...now I'll have re-discover them k:

Happy Gaming!!!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 06-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #106
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariana@Jan 6 2006, 08:27 PM
Como mato al esqueleto del nivel 3?
Translation: How do I kill the skeleton in level 3?

For those that can help
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 07-01-2006, 06:41 AM   #107
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonardo@Dec 27 2005, 05:30 PM
I am at 2 level now. But wich is code on 2 level?
no codes. you have 1 our to complete the game or princess get's it!

@Marianna

You can't really kill him, but you can get him out of the way.
Here is how you do it:

When you first fight him, you push him to the right side of the screen untill he falls off. Then you climb down (on the same side). You will see the skeleton down there again. This time you fight him and push him to the left side of the screen untill he reaches the pit (the hole) and falls into it. After that all you need to do is jump over that hole and go to the exit doors.

If you don't underastand english then i suggest you use babelfish translator: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Here is very rough translation that it made

Non potete realmente ucciderli, ma potete ottenerli allontanato. Qui ? come lo fate: Quando in primo luogo lo combattete, lo spingete verso la parte di destra del untill che dello schermo cade da. Allora vi arrampicate gi? (dallo stesso lato). Vedrete lo scheletro gi? l? ancora. Questa volta lo combattete e lo spingete verso la parte di sinistra del untill che dello schermo gli raggiunge il pozzo (il foro) e le cadute. Dopo che tutti che dobbiate fare ? saltare l'eccedenza che forino e vadano ai portelli dell'uscita.
Old 18-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #108
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I HAVE started again and wow am at lev. 4 with 54 mins. left...am getting the hang of it again. It's still fun! :bye:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 30-01-2006, 06:13 AM   #109
Thornwood
Forum hobbit

Hello! I'm back again. Still stuck on level 8, partly because I stopped playing it for a while, then had to work my way back to where I left off once I got back home.
It's interesting how different the sounds are on this computer. Before they were like beeper sounds (albeit much better done than any others I'd heard before, but now they're crisp and clean and I can change the volume to boot k:. I must have downloaded a different version before.

I seem to be having the hardest time with the first enemy I come across in level 8. I think it's because his fighting technique is about standing his ground and patiently waiting for you to make the first move. Then he slices and dices you.

It's most frustrating when you don't have the manual and have to restart the game every time you die on a level you've saved at. But I'm getting impaled less often, now that I'm refining my technique and choosing not to press Shift before Up. He suffered a glorious defeat onve when I got him to fall on the spikes :evil:. The main reason I like levels 7 and 8 is you get to kill certain guards in satisfyingly gruesome ways. Bring on the pixellated gore! :Titan:

((Aside note to Master MC: :bye: Hello! John Dowland rocks my socks, too. It's great to see I'm not the only one who's heard of him.))
Thornwood is offline                         Send a private message to Thornwood
Old 30-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #110
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

you have 2 choices for those...

1. you can either wait for him to strike and when he does do a tempo attack and hit him before he hits you.

2. you attack him and immediatelly push up to parry his repost and then shift again to hit him.

actually the one ones i found difficult to beat is the fat guy on level 6 and the end boss, which is easier to defeat then fat guy if you switch the fighting position fast enough.