Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #101
Bugman

I was playing the first mission of the world campaing, i saved it and started again after a while and the save file was gone, and replaced by two others, if i click one of the two the game just shut down

any solutions?? :Titan:

Old 01-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #102
roosa

I remember when I was little I played Settlers with my amiga for hours It was one of the favourite amiga games that I played. Great to play it now again

Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #103
Tuomas

Hi everybody.

I ran into this problem with S2 and googled for the manual, by which I then found this thread, not the manual. So I ended up redin the whole thread, seing that the ship business seems to give people a tough time too. As this is said, I have a problem too of the kind as well. You see, I'm in the 4th chapter, I first constructed a shipyard, and it made me 3 ships. Then after I found a place suitable for a harbor, and the ships sail to it. So I found out it works as a storage too, and then found this button that said start expedition. I pressed the button, and some of the goods in the storage disappeared. Then I took a look at one of the ships and noticed they were in it. But the ship wouldn't move, it just was loaded for a while, and then all the goods appeared outside the harbor-storage.

So what I'm asking is, some said the ship function is full of bugs, and is there something I can do. And I have all 3 ships standing and the start expedition button disabled as if I had nothing to exhibit with.
Are the ships supposed to just go off somewhere and build a harbor there because I don't see a way of controlling them in any ways. I've played the S1 before, so everything is so familiar but the shipping...

Oh, and thanks for the thread, I've learned a lot of interesting things init.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #104
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

What it is when you push the expedition button, is that the goods needed to build another harbor are collected at the harbor where you started the expedition. They will be visible outside the harbor while they're being collected.

Once all the goods have been collected a ship will pick them up and you'll get a message telling you an expedition is ready. You can then click the ship and give it a direction. Once the ship arrives somewhere you can tell it to build a harbor there or sail on
Old 06-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #105
Tuomas

Ah, yes, I see it now, thank you, it's rather sensible now that you think of it. Still, no problems, but I just find the whole shipping thing a bit how do you say, unusable. It takes so damn long for the ship first to visit the harbor to know what is needed at the island, and then to go back to get some. I don't suppose making water-road and rowboats do that would help? The ships tend to take like 49 broads of wood when only 2 is needed and then there's none left at the main island...

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #106

oh and one thing to add to the above. I've had my catapult firing repeatedly for half an hour now, and most times it seems to hit in the middle of those enemy barracks and all, but it has done no damage at all, why is that? Is the whole catapult system meant to be as useless as it seems, I recall this earler chapter where the enemy catapult would destroy many of my buildings by hitting them once.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #107
Doubler
Resident Llama

Ships' main purpose is getting colonies started, and moving the recources from that colony to where it's needed.

Many islands hold great deposits of recources, but you need shipping to mine it.

As for military uses, that map you are playing can be very easily beaten by building a colony ASAP on the coast near the enemy and pusing inwards very quickly.

Catapults are the most powerfull weapon in the game. Every time it hits it kills a soldier in a military building. It can only target military buildings within it's range, and you can't control what it targets.
Old 14-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #108
ansa
Lurker

I have playing campaing for 6 hours now and seems I play little slowly, but exploring possibilities, but there is one problem that I havent solved, its about placing your militia.

There are three values, so how I cab adjust them, so I have most of my men in near borders, not in middle of my land. So what are these values, from bottom to up.

I ment to put picture of it but ow second problem occured with dosbox
I tried to ran settelrs and got this:

So how do I fix this
ansa is offline                         Send a private message to ansa
Old 14-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #109
Doubler
Resident Llama

Uhm, I don't know about the screen, but as to your first question:
There are indeed three values determining the military distribution. If you look at the pictures you'll see a castle with a blue line representing your border. In every picture the castle is farther from the blue line. The button with the castle farthest from the blue line represents the interior, the button with the castle closest to the blue line represents your borders.
And you adjust them with the green bars next to them.

In practise I believe it's actually linked to the proximity of the building to an enemy, as indicated by the white flag on the military building (Depending on it's proximity to the enemy it's complety white, dashed with a black line, or with a black cross.), but I'm not entirely sure of that
Old 27-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #110
Grayfox

great buildin game but i still think settlers I is still better its a classic
Grayfox is offline                         Send a private message to Grayfox