Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #101
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I had a go recently on Apoc... I managed to buy out all the machine gun ammunition in the city, aswell as all the autocannon ammo. Now Im running low on both... See, when everyone has 2 machine guns/auto cannons each... they use up ammo FAST... Apart from the laser dudes, they're ok..

Thank god for stun grapples...

How often does the market replenish?

Also, I saw you raided some of the suppliers, or the like. How do you do this without REALLY annoying them?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Market refills on each Monday.

To raid a corp without infuriating them, you need to ally with them, equip everyone with Stun Grapples (or at least as many agents as you have grapples) and then raid that corp. This sort of mission is not too easy, as you have to do with just Stun Grapples, but when you get used to it it's quite OK. You can get a lot of ammo for Autocannon, Marsec MG and AP grenades, as well as some gear that enters the market only on the beginning of second or third week.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #103
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Hmm, I tried that before.. they weren't happy and went straight back to neutral.

Also I made some enemies doing aerial battle with the Cult...
Old 04-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #104
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Did you cary any guns? Best is to not even _carry_ any weapons, explosives or grenades into a Stun raid. Stun Grapples and Motion Scanners only. You can even lay off the armor.

I have four missions on report, but I won't be able to put the report up today - haven't sorted out the screenshots or put the image/link tags in, and in less then an hour I have to go to the university.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #105
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

4 missions ? Yepee. Everybody dance ! :Brain:
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #106
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

All right. That's gonna be a fun, big read.. Again! :Brain:
Old 04-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #107
Danny252
I have a custom title!

has this thread shrunk since yesterday?
Old 04-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #108
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

What do you mean ? ... No, it hasn't. Why ?
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #109
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Im sure it was more than 8 pages.. must be looking at these 70+ page threads too much.. :P
Old 06-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #110
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Picking up where we have ended last week. Again adding stuff on the fly, it will take me a while...

Valkyrie Transporter and Valkyrie Interceptor are transporting most of the team to the residential facility. Most - except Danny and Mats who are too badly messed up to join in the fun.

The moods are violent onboard. Super is the first one to arrive at the place, since he has jumped from the Valkyrie in mid-air.
... what a maniac...
All that prevented him from changing into a red splatter on the concrete is the fact that he had his jump-pack on.

Codename: Devastation.
Objective: Eliminate the aliens using maximum possible force. Try avoiding too much collateral damage - that is, if you can...

09:55:37 : The teams arrive at the building. It is decided that Super will fly together with Quintopotere, as they are both equally devastating for Aliens (and dangerous for X-Com operatives as well).

Team 1 and 2 begin covering the alleys, Team 3 starts cheching one of the buildings. Devastating Duo engage their fly-packs and rise to the skies on the lookout for vict... for aliens, allright.

09:55:44 : Team 3 spots and Anthropod.

09:55:45 : The canonade that Team 3 brought down on the Alien did not give it a slightest chance for survival. Before its death, however, it managed to throw a Boomeroid towards our brave warriors.

Toxik: "INCOMIIING!"
Everyone ducks for cover...

09:55:48 : The Boomeroid has exploded, taking a portion of the wall along. Fortunately for us, none of Team 3 were wounded. That might quickly change: two Brainsuckers are coming down the stairs...

09:55:49 : Team 2 spots a Spitter. Super and Quinto are converging on its position.

09:55:50 : One sucker down, another comes in its place. The Devastating Duo spot a Multiworm egg in an office. Typically for him, Super starts to bomb it with explosives.

09:55:53 : Team 3 has survived the brainsucker assault wihtout losses. Team 3 takes down a Spitter, but Quinto spots two more behind it.

09:56:00 : Quinto brought down the Spitters, but there is also a Multiworm. Our brave android decides to take the creature alive. He drops two Stun and one AP grenade, setting them so that the gas will detonate a little earlier, but late enough for him to escape.

09:56:03 : Quinto has missed the mark. The grenades exploded before Multiworm could get into their area of effect, so the beast is still coming. Quinto decides to try again...

09:56:14 : and this time the grenades actually send some gas towards the thing's respiratory system. Meanwhile, Super finds that there were actually two eggs and gives them a taste of explosives.

Several seconds later, the Multiworm collapses and the mission is over.

Mission Summary

Seems like we managed to capture that Multiworm alive, afterall...

We're going to the Diablo properties now. The first one checked brings no new discoveries to our brave X-Cops (and Diablo seem to be quite pissed), but the other one provides us with more alien scum to waste.

Codename: Spitball

Teams as previously. On this mission let's try to capture a _live_ Spitter. I have a feeling we might need it sooner or later...

09:56:00 : We end up in a park section. Teams 1-3 will move on foot, while the "flyboys" will ascend to the maximum height their flysuits can crank out and check out the area from up above.

09:56:02 : Spitter and a Multiworm Egg spotted.

Team 1 finishes off the egg rather quickly, and a Multiworm is found.

09:56:16 : During the apocalyptic shoot-out against the Multiworm, the Spitter is - unfotrunately - killed. All aliens are dead.

Mission Summary

Congratulations to Beef, who has discovered the alien infiltration in time to act before the corps were ovetaken. Good job.

19:55:00 : The techs have cracked the technology that makes Disruptor Guns tick. The techs are immediately reassigned to analyze the Devastator Cannons we have brought a while back.

20:30:00 : Remember that a while back Megapol have hit Diablo where it hurts? Well, Diablo's boys have just dispensed some retribution against Megapol forces.

<a href=\'http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/AbandoniaApocalypse/Misc/Day6Summary.png\' target=\'_blank\'>Day 7</a>

A lot of things have entered the market - we'll have some fun shopping, at least when we get more cash. Stun Raids will do.

Reloaded has just been completed. We're moving - and fast. The move is over in under an hour.

A new android has been recruited for the security of Abandonia base (as none of the troops currently reside there), his "name" is H-0453-MN (Horseman), and he's a rather nasty piece of work. He won't, however, participate in missions unless explicitly neccesary.

01:10:00 : Alien spotted in a shopping mall, located conveniently just next to our base. Mats stays at the base, since he's still not fixed completely. Rest of the troops go.

On the way, Valkyrie Transporter:
Bobbin: "So, Beef, are you going to use the opportunity? (wink, wink)"
Beef: "What opportunity?"
Bobbin: "It's a shopping mall. Are you going to tell me you don't like shopping?"
Beef: "And what if I don't? We are going there to kick alien behind, not to buy useless trinkets."

01:10:15 : This place looks like it was designed to make out work hard. Really.

Reamus spots an entrance to underground section of the building.
Reamus: "Skumpaq, you go with me. We'll check there."
Both split off from Team 3.

Beef: "Predjuice, we'll stay here and keep an eye on the center of the structure."
Beef & Predjuice split from Team 2.

Team 1 notices some panicked citizens. Looks like they saw something ugly...

01:10:36 : First alien contact, a Hyperworm spotted by Super.

01:10:39 : Oops. Property damage... HUGE property damage, in fact. They're gonna sue us... but the worms are dead.

01:10:47 : The mall is smaller then it seemed. Will be easier to clear it.

01:10:49 : Team 1 finds a Spitter. Meanwhile, Prejduice decides to take down two gravlifts, so that the Aliens' escape routes will be limited, and Team 2 starts running to capture a second Spitter that Team 1 have found.

01:11:23 : Team 1 has killed one Spitter, and Team 2 has succeeded in their race to get the other Spitter packed into a net.

Mission Summary

Abi was promoted to Squad Leader and we have achieved our goal - a live Spitter has been captured. But the very thought of the quota we're gonna have to pay for the property damage is more then enough to spoil the satisfaction from out success.

02:55:00 : The techs have finished their work on design of Advanced Biochemistry Lab. We're going to build some today, provided we'll manage to get the stun raids in time. Since two other projects are in progress at the other labs, the crew has been ordered to begin analysis of the Spitter that Eagle, Doubler and Alpha have so kindly managed to capture.

After barely three hours of sleep, everybody is woken up by an alarm siren - aliens have infiltrated the Senate building!

03:30:00 : Live Alien spotted at Senate.

-- Reed Richards