Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #91

Yes, you can download it on a WAREZ site - link removed!

Old 28-02-2006, 06:24 AM   #92
mika
Games Master

Hey guys, you might be interested in this interview with Richard and Robert Garriott. Part 1 is available now, and Part 2 will be available tomorrow.

It's not really about Ultima although they do touch on it a bit.

For the people who don't know, Richard Garriott, also known as Lord British, was behind all the Ultima games.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 14-05-2006, 04:03 AM   #93
galdon

hey, i cannot seem to find the Lycium (library) so i can get the gargoyal book translated. i've spent a ton of time searching, but nobody in game tells me where it is, and the only map i have is in 'britanian'

could someone please like circle the spot that the lycium is found at on a map? thank you. ^^
galdon is offline                         Send a private message to galdon
Old 15-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #94

If you download the manual (from the main review page - in extras) there is a translation matrix for the runes. I tried to search the net for an already translated map with no luck, so you'll have to translate yourself.

Old 26-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #95
new char creation?

Im trying to create a new char. How do I do this? I acquired this via abandonware, but it came with a previously created char. Thoughts?

Old 27-05-2006, 06:24 AM   #96
mika
Games Master

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(new char creation? @ May 26 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]232472[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Im trying to create a new char. How do I do this?[/b]
Run the install file before playing the game, and it will give you the option to create a new character. Once you have chosen that and then started the game, you will be able to create a new character.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 23-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #97
locool

Oh dear nostalgia heaven LOL.

This was the first Ultima game that I ever played, and I use to spend hours at the weekend playing it on my old Amiga with no Hard drive, swapping floppies every now and again, and it was like nothing I had ever played before. Those were the days 'sigh'.

Old 27-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #98

For those of you who speak some German, here's a link to an awesome walkthrough in an old computer game magazine called Aktueller Software Markt (ASM). Even if you don't speak German, it's still worth a look for all the hand-drawn city and dungeon maps.

It's somehow not possible to to give a direct link so go here...
http://www.kultpower.de/
...and then click on "KOPFNUSS" under the subheading "ASM" on the top left of the screen. You'll then see the links to the five parts of the walkthrough on the top of the screen.

One of the coolest tricks I learnt: get the Lost Book of Mantras from the Lycaeum library, and then give it to to a Wisp (easiest place to find them: a little to the south of Nicodemus' house in the Deep Forest, at nighttime). They will give each character as much gold as he/she can carry. It obviously helps to drop heavy stuff before getting the gold, but you'll in any case have way more than you could ever spend. And nothing stops you from doing this very early in the game...

Old 27-06-2006, 10:31 PM   #99

Oh and btw, in part 2 of the walkthrough, there is a map of Britannia, with all key locations labelled in English.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #100

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galdon @ May 14 2006, 04:03 AM) [snapback]230495[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey, i cannot seem to find the Lycium (library) so i can get the gargoyal book translated. i've spent a ton of time searching, but nobody in game tells me where it is, and the only map i have is in 'britanian'

could someone please like circle the spot that the lycium is found at on a map? thank you. ^^
[/b]
Moonglow Island, Far East of map