Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #91
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Afif 95 @ Oct 17 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]261627[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey, how to launch the game actually??? I'm using Windows XP Pro. If i can't launch the game using windows, then where could i just find an emulator for DOS. thanks for helping.
[/b]
Go to the main site and under Programs on "Get It" at DOSBox (that's the emulator).
Old 22-10-2006, 07:02 AM   #92
Guest_shyntime_*

hey guys.can soemone help me. i downloaded alter ego and now i dont know how to get it to work so i can play it .. i used to have thes game years ago when i was a kid... please soem one help... :blink:

Old 22-10-2006, 07:13 AM   #93
Guest_shyntime_*

once downloaded dosbox. am i meant to unzip the files or some thing . im sure you can tell im not a real computer person or i would know how to do this. all i wann ado is play the game , there must be an easy way of doing so .

Old 23-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #94
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox.
You can download it here.

If you have any problems with it, try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #95
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

I found AE quite interesting, just died as 80 years old woman with high confidence, happiness, social and intellect with nice $ allaround (sadly i havent had kids) but i'm just back out to try it again completely different way, this game's just gr8 k:
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 10-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #96
iluvpugs

Hmmmm... Whenever I play Alter Ego Male I play as a female
(weird)
iluvpugs is offline                         Send a private message to iluvpugs
Old 18-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #97
Decebalus

This game is way better then sims. Sims is a game of patience. I'd rather waste my time playing minesweeper then Sims. At least minesweeper offers a challange.

EDIT: I can't save. It says that there's some error.
Decebalus is offline                         Send a private message to Decebalus
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #98
Mousazz
Game freak

Thumbs down

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_TandyGen90210 @ Jun 15 2005, 01:44 AM) [snapback]119973[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Where can you get this game other than Abandonia? It seems to be ESA protected now...I am too late. Maybe someone would be willing to send it to me?
[/b]
i know where... but it's illegal or something... i would die if i would give you the spoiler, so... sorry, but i can't tell you.

edit: by saying "it's illegal" i mean't it's illegal to tell the site on abandonia. but, something or someone tells me that site is illegal itself, cause there's almost all games of abandonia (few missing) and only two are banned by ESA.
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 04-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #99
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yep. If a game is ESA-protected, telling anyone where they can download a copy would be against the rules.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #100

died 70 happily married. Complications during a corinary bypass. never ran up a debt, in fact was practicly able to buy a house (take a lonthen pay it off imediatly).

occupation: Cook. I'll interpret the various events to mean I eventualy wound up in a management position of a large resteraunt. Working the same career for 50 years, with consistent advancement.

oh, and I drank the cleaning fluid as a kid. and got kidnapped. anyone else do that?

and anydone die as an infant?