Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I once sent a link to a computer magazine here. They said it was really interesting. It's a while ago, and I've only read one issue of it since then. I'll check it out again next time I go to my mom's office.
I also sent to a gaming tv-show. They really liked the site, but I never watch this show so I wouldn't know :whistle:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 09-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
unclefester
Game freak

I've also posted another article on abandonia dut i dunno if it's still around
:?. I think it was a poll asking the way we "discovered" Abandonia
unclefester is offline                         Send a private message to unclefester
Old 09-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #13
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

yup, I remember mentioning PCGamer there too.

Oh, and "camaraderie" is I think what Yobor meant.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 09-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #14
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Abandonia will not be shut down because of increased traffic. Downloads will slow down as the server reaches and surpasses the limits of its bandwidth but an increase in visiters will likely also increase the money intake from adds and donations making it possible (possibly) to get a bigger server with better bandwidth. Mind you will already have a large and strong server behind Abandonia right now but it could get better.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 10-04-2005, 06:19 AM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: I've contacted two slovene gaming magzines about abandonia (and was sorry I did). They just took some games that were on the site (were included as extras in the next few numbers) and used our reviews and threads to make up an article about "Good old adventure games". Those leeches never even bothered to reply - but I'm more then certain they got the material from here (I even saw some phrases I translated myself - so they didn't even bother reading the original review - just my or Rainwife's translations). I've send them a letter of protest - but no reply to that either
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #16
FreeFreddy

Well, that're the journalists - they're quite a "cancer" sometimes. Nothing is holy to them...

Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #17
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

It's a shame it happens too, I've heard stories when people write game walkthroughs and such, and if they don't protect it, sometimes they have ended up in magazines such as Prima or some obsecure other one, das not cool.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 10-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #18
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah, I hate journalists. True journalism is dead, you can't get facts anymore, everything you read these days in a newspaper is more of an editorial than an actual piece of news... The Guardian has started doing this a lot, and Reuters I believe has said they'll now create two seperate news issues on important subjects, one "unbiased" and another one more personal, more dramatic. And Ia lready thought the original newsarticles were biased.

I've also caught the Belgian TV-news copying news from CNN. Once I was browsing their site and they had even forgotten to stranslate the newsarticle from CNN!