Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #31
civ2fan

FIX:
I meant CLICK below the Spanish flag.

Old 27-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #32
Atarlost

For those who don't like micromanaging build one city up in northern Canada, preferably on a tundra ore square and next to a river. Build no other cities. Make all your money by selling muskets to the mother country. Build a fortress and Load the city with a dozen veteran dragoons and a half dozen cannons and with a galleon or two full of spare horses, declare independance, and laugh at the royal expeditionary force. It is also possible to pull this off in Haiti or Cuba.

Old 27-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #33
lethe
Game freak

Am I the only one who actually plays without cheating, and makes the whole fortune selling tobacco to the incas? :bleh:

Finished this game in every way possible except viceroy-spanish, spanish just sucked...
Dutch in south america all the way k:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 28-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #34
Atarlost

I never even realized there was a cheat mode, but I can't say I've ever sold tobacco to the Incas.

Oh, and after a test I'll correct my one city plan to a full dozen artillery. You won't be the first to become independant under this plan either.

Old 28-03-2005, 02:12 AM   #35
lethe
Game freak

Didn't know about cheat mode either until reading it here. Though it would have been useful to know that multiplayer thing back when me and my friends played this game.

Tobacco to incas is by far the best trade I found in this game. A road to their capital and it's +4000 for 100 tobacco... Then sell trade goods/tools/horses (minding you won't have problemswith them in the future)/cigars, and tobacco again. Keep switching. Each train going there will make you nearly 7000 gold plus 100 silver, which in the beggining of the game is more than enough to get you started.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #36
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

cathedrals need the church as a prerequisit and one of the founding fathers to enable them, like how smith allows factories. look in the description of cathedral for it.

AFAIK the is no windows version of Colonization - just use DOSBox.

erm, isnt "colonization" longer than 8 characters?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 05-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #37
lethe
Game freak

Not sure it needs a founding father, but needs 8 population in the colony (plus the church). Cathedrals are a waste of time anyway :P

Use "Colony", should be enough.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #38
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Isn't that upgrade iption for church?

As for game, do you have music on Win2K/XP?

There is also windows version of this game. With correct patch, it is stable on 2K/XP.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #39
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
erm, isnt "colonization" longer than 8 characters?
Absolutly, that's why the Colonization original directory is "colonize" in the same way that Civilization original directory is "civilize" or "civ".
Old 07-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #40
hellchild

well i remeber that game too! you can trade olso with the other nations.best way is to have some colonies in south and in north(to get all the produckts) and maybe one colony with no harbor as a stronghold for the revolution.start to fabricate guns as soon as possible, becasue they are also good for trade and yes build also ships the large the better!when the king army arives, destroy them before the can land.Good that the his troops do not know how to swim, however wet moskets(loaded from front by round bullets and gunpouder) do not work.forget the last part thats not part of the game.
be friendly to the indians, becase they can be good help to get cheap manpower, and are good troops for the revolution. :guns: :guns: