Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #681
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I don't know what happened with today's quiz; I know the screenshot like the back of my hand, and even selected the correct answer from the drop-down list ... and it still said it was incorrect. This is one of my favorite games, so I'm fuming more than a little bit. I hope nobody else had this issue. (Also, the screenshot got me all "exciterated" over the game), but I still selected the right answer.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 14-02-2020, 02:58 AM   #682
cdnp
Super Freak

This does not seem to be the first time that I have had a problem with this particular screenshot. I see that it happened also in 2014 here
It could be due to the placement of the comma and definite article in the name of the game which is different than how it was named in the screenshot on the page of the game.
spoiler for screenshot quiz
as opposed to
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp
Old 14-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #683
underdog
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo View Post
Well, today's reports back incorrect. I'll be curious to know what the "right" answer is.
the right answer is what you most likely typed in. the screenshot-game has issues with names that contain any characters other than letters, number or hyphens. todays correct answer - at least as listed here on abandonia, contains a comma...
underdog is offline                         Send a private message to underdog
Old 15-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #684
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
the right answer is what you most likely typed in. the screenshot-game has issues with names that contain any characters other than letters, number or hyphens. todays correct answer - at least as listed here on abandonia, contains a comma...
I think a lot of us (at least I do) select the drop-down answer, instead of trusting what I type in, knowing how "twitchy" the quiz can be. That's why I get (more than) a little crazy when the answer I select from the drop-down is marked wrong, even when it appears as it does the next day.

Last edited by Diamondfist; 15-02-2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Problem with mobile keyboard.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 02-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #685
cdnp
Super Freak

I was marked as wrong today for
Old 03-03-2020, 10:44 PM   #686
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Same here. Selected from the drop-down list and backing out, going back on the site didn't work either.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:11 AM   #687
cdnp
Super Freak

Just like a little less than a month ago as I complained 5 posts ago, I was once again incorrectly marked as wrong for
I hope that it does not happen again every 4 weeks!

Last edited by cdnp; 12-03-2020 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #688
kemo
Game freak

Either way, it's never going to get fixed.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo
Old 28-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #689
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

I think that the quiz has a li'l boo-boo; I'm answering correctly, even with the exact wording that appears when using the Search, but it marks as incorrect, and resets when you back out to the prior web page and return using the site name when typed (not using forward). Thanks to whomever is working on the issue(s).
Old 18-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #690
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

Here's a new one. The automatic fill is not working for me. It's been off for the past couple of but now it just doesn't work.

EDIT: NM, the page is just taking forever to load. Not having this problem on other sites.

Thanks to everyone that continues work on this site. I still come here every day or so and appreciate your work.
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA