Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #71
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Sounds like you have a read/write error, is the iPad/iPhone whatever able to read and write into the file that you have the games folder? Check the Dospad forum to see if there are any hints on how to ensure you have it set up right. You could also try putting another game in there and seeing if it saves loads right.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 20-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #72
aheleas

Thanks, I tried that and I am able to save to other games like SimCity etc but it seems just wont let me do it to dungeon hack. I got a similiar error with Eye of the beholder 2 that it could not find savegame.dat. I looked around other forums and the closest thing I could find was that I need to mount C:/ but unfortanly the dospad forum are down or deleted and mount does not seem to work. If anyone ever gets this to work on DOSPAD please let me know
aheleas is offline                         Send a private message to aheleas
Old 07-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #73
Emperor_Raam

I recently downloaded the game from here and I wonder if anybody could clarify me something. The manual and faqs online state that mages have access to 8th and 9th level spells. However in the game the spellbook and the memorization menu only lists 1-7 level spells.

I also just completed a game with a 20th level mage and I've never seen scrolls for anything above 7th level. So does this game really have spells above 7th level or the manual is wrong?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #74
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Maybe what the manual means is, that just according to the system of rules of D&D (which the game is completely based on), mages theoretically can cast up to level 9 spells, where clerics only have access up to level 7 spells, for example.
The game itself might not provide any spells above level 7 though, which makes sense if the highest level you can reach with the mage is 20. Thus the small confusion.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 07-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #75
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I don't think that can be the case. I'm not entirely familiar with 2nd edition rules but 20 levels is the heck of a lot. I'm pretty sure Mages can cast the highest levels with that.

I think the answer might lay elsewhere. For example, I remember that better and higher level items are generated at a certain "depth" in the dungeon. I remember there is an option to set the depth of the dungeon when you start so it might be that our friend here simply never got low enough to be able to generate said scrolls.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #76
Emperor_Raam

@ Scatty

Except that the manual specifically names the spells which are supposed to be in the game.
Two 8th levels: Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Bigby's Clenched Fist
Four 9th levels: Energy Drain, Meteor Swarm, Power Word:Kill, Time Stop

By the actual rules a mage should have a LOT more spells to choose from I think.

It also describes how they work in the game.

It also shows a spell(slot) progression table for every spellcasting class. Mages should get their first 8th at lvl 16 and their first 9th at lvl 18. Which also means that I had at least 4 experience levels worth of time to find at least one 8th level scroll.

@Eagle of Fire

You are right, there is a slider for that. Mine was set at 20 which means that I fought the Elemental Lord(the huge colorful bird thingy) on the 20th dungeon level and the game ended when I killed it. My "Treasure Amount" slider was at 4 which is the default setting at medium difficulty.

I didn't notice that treasure scaled with your level. I got my first 7th level scroll Finger of Death under mage level 10( I couldn't even cast 5th level spells yet). I couldn't cast it but it let me scribe it into my book.

I also found a Ring of Sustenance(big help for non-clerics) and a Robe of the Archmagi all under level 10. If I got that many powerful items under "medium" setting I wonder what I'd get if I increased the Treasure Amount :/

As a level 20 mage however I faced a Spirit Naga boss on dungeon level 19 and it dropped Protection from Evil and Blur spells( same story with the niches on the wall for example) :/

Suggestions?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #77
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I think you got what I was trying to say wrong. I didn't mean the player level but the dungeon level.

Meaning that if you rush your way around and end up at level 5 of the dungeon while still level 1 you should normally have a higher chance of having great items than otherwise.

But even then you would be at the mercy of the RNG.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #78
Jamos
Default Theres a bug in restore games that is never mentioned

The monsters go silent. It seem it only loads monster sounds on dungeon level changes. So when you restore a saved game no monster noises until you go down a level. No biggy but thought someone would edit the save game load code to include loading the monster noises by now.