Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Paco's Avatar



 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 2,988
Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by APFelon View Post
Cool!

Keep in mind that since I live in the United States, many of the manuals are different from the European versions and almost always unilingual (English).

For example, my copy of the Alone in the Dark manual is in gray scale and is entirely in English. The one featured here is in colour and has several Eurpoean languages.

I also have manuals for games that (I imagine) are abandonware but aren't featured here (yet)... Roadwar Europa for example. Would you want those for "the future", or wait until the software has been approved and featured here?

What about literature that comes with the game? The North American version of Alone in the Dark came with a faux newspaper called "The Mystery Examiner". Would you want a scan of that...? The North American game Elite came with a short novel called "The Dark Wheel". Do you want a scan?

How about install guides, in-box adverts and "trinkets"? Is that beyond the scope of what you want?
just submit it all. We will check on FTP what could be used and what not.
__________________
Legends will never die.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10





 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 2,797
Default

I'm gonna join paco and become all wet

you have all that stuff??? Where have you been all this time man??

Actually, I think we are also interested in extras of the same game but from different country, especially if there are differences (and obviously there are). Same goes for game that aren't on our site right now but can be considered old (even if they are still protected).

Did you just said Roadwar Europe????? You are positive that it is Roadwar Europe, not Roadwar 2000???? I've been searching for that one for along time now. I want it want it want it!!!!! Actually I also need it, since it is not exactly the same as Roadwar 2000 and I wanted to check manual before reviewing the game...

Mate, please don't vanish from the site... This is your holy mission, to provide all that material so we can preserve it, and show our kids the games when games were still fun and interesting and inspirational.... I better stop, I can get carried away easily
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
APFelon
Newbie

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
I'm gonna join paco and become all wet

you have all that stuff??? Where have you been all this time man??

Actually, I think we are also interested in extras of the same game but from different country, especially if there are differences (and obviously there are). Same goes for game that aren't on our site right now but can be considered old (even if they are still protected).

Did you just said Roadwar Europe????? You are positive that it is Roadwar Europe, not Roadwar 2000???? I've been searching for that one for along time now. I want it want it want it!!!!! Actually I also need it, since it is not exactly the same as Roadwar 2000 and I wanted to check manual before reviewing the game...

Mate, please don't vanish from the site... This is your holy mission, to provide all that material so we can preserve it, and show our kids the games when games were still fun and interesting and inspirational.... I better stop, I can get carried away easily


I'll stick around. I am big on preservation myself.

One last question-- I'll be dumping this stuff here exclusively. Do you want me to put an Abandonia watermark or tag somewhere on the PDF?

APf

Last edited by APFelon; 08-12-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Typo
APFelon is offline                         Send a private message to APFelon
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
APFelon
Newbie

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 14
Default

Okay... I am currently uploading the games. I did some scanning last night and here are the manuals and literature that are scanned, cleaned in Photoshop and ready for public consumption:

Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity (Manual)
Roadwar Europa (Manual)
Elite: The Dark Wheel (Novel included in the box)
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game (Manual)
Sheep (Manual)
Ecstatica (Poster manual... cool)

Here are the items scanned but not yet cleaned in Photoshop and PDF'd:

Fade to Black (Manual)
Little Big Adventure: Relentless (Manual)
Starflight (Manual)
Alone in the Dark (Supplemental newspaper)

I'll do some more scanning this week. Yes or no on the watermark...?

APf
APFelon is offline                         Send a private message to APFelon
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #15
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by APFelon View Post
Okay... I am currently uploading the games. I did some scanning last night and here are the manuals and literature that are scanned, cleaned in Photoshop and ready for public consumption:

Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity (Manual)
Roadwar Europa (Manual)
Elite: The Dark Wheel (Novel included in the box)
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game (Manual)
Sheep (Manual)
Ecstatica (Poster manual... cool)

Here are the items scanned but not yet cleaned in Photoshop and PDF'd:

Fade to Black (Manual)
Little Big Adventure: Relentless (Manual)
Starflight (Manual)
Alone in the Dark (Supplemental newspaper)

I'll do some more scanning this week. Yes or no on the watermark...?

APf
Preferably without watermark. You can add a "Scanned by APFelon" message if you want, just somewhere where there is some free space. Not on every page mind you.
__________________
Don't think about the probabilities. The smallest chance can take us a long way forward. It's not like we have anything else to lose.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
APFelon
Newbie

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Preferably without watermark. You can add a "Scanned by APFelon" message if you want, just somewhere where there is some free space. Not on every page mind you.
Okay... The first batch of literature is up and I am going to send a second wave as soon as I get one or two more things scanned and cleaned.

I did watermark them, but in a way that I doubt anyone will notice. I just want to be able to identify them should I ever encounter them again.

Hope they are useful!

APf
APFelon is offline                         Send a private message to APFelon
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #17
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10





 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 2,797
Default

you can bet your *&*$*$$^#&&^* that it is useful

Thanks man, you really hit the spot
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
APFelon
Newbie

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 14
Default

Good!

Here is my current shortlist- I hope to have these scanned within the week:

Zephyr
CivNet Advances Chart
Wing Commander Secret Missions 2: Crusade
Risk (Virgin 1989)
Theme Park
Wings of Fury
Resurrection: Rise 2
Whiplash
Iron Assault
The Perfect General (Manual and maps)
Archon Ultra
Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
Magic Carpet
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Some of these games you have for download with no manual, some are approved abandonware, and some I don't know if they are okay or not. If there is something on the list that is not suitable, let me know so I can knock it off the list.

Conversely, if anyone wants one as a priority, let me know.

Thanks!

APf

Last edited by APFelon; 10-12-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Clarity
APFelon is offline                         Send a private message to APFelon
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Looks ok, nobody else has uploaded them on the FTP.
__________________
Don't think about the probabilities. The smallest chance can take us a long way forward. It's not like we have anything else to lose.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpiDoL's Offers SpiDoL (or WarMasterXX) Offers 182 25-03-2016 06:22 PM
Expack2's Offers Expack2 Offers 61 22-07-2012 09:49 PM
Christhecoolboy's offers christhecoolboy Offers 30 26-06-2010 09:24 AM
Offers! Dave Trash Can 37 08-04-2009 10:13 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 10:24 PM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.