Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #31
Roger
Smile

Tried to download the cluebook for DQK and the file has an error.

Anyone know how to take care of that or who to contact?

Old 29-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #32
Roger
To be more specific, when the planet mirror is "downloading in progress" the error comes up during the transfer.

I downloaded the other .PDFs to the other "gold box" games with no issues.

Any help with this would be appreciated, though I understand people only hit up this forum every 2 years or so...

Old 04-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #33
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Tried www.replacementdocs.com?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #34
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

The downloading of the pdf has an error? Or your current version of adobe can't read it? I never used the cluebook

Its only every other month, or so

Last edited by arete; 04-11-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: smiley
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 10-07-2006, 02:26 AM   #35

I had DQoK on my old mac. All the sound instalation choices sound different from my PC than the Mac. I can understand hardware differences, but is there a way so that sounds and music can be played like my mac played them? Of all the choices, none of them sound nearly as good as my old macintosh did

Am I screwed or might there be a chance? I'm using DOS Box to play (I get no sound regardless if I just open it through windows).

Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #36

anybody know where else you can download the cluebook. Planet mirror doesn't work.

I am stuck without maps.

resiewdub

Old 11-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #37
dark420bishop

Hey check out this tiny program (64k) Dark Queen of Krynn Lookup that lets you look up any Journal page or Journal Entry. More info here. Scroll through pages or jump to the page or entry you want by typing in the number. The program requires visual basic 6 runtime files, get it from Microsoft or here. Hope this saves you some time.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #38
dark420bishop

Quote:
Originally posted by dark420bishop @ Aug 11 2006, 03:54 AM
Hey check out this tiny program (64k) Dark Queen of Krynn Lookup that lets you look up any Journal page or Journal Entry. More info here. Scroll through pages or jump to the page or entry you want by typing in the number. The program requires visual basic 6 runtime files, get it from Microsoft or here. Hope this saves you some time.
okay yeah so i posted again after having signed up for an account, set up my info and avatar, hoping that some smart admin would delete the first post - the one i made unregistered and instead the admin deletes the second one. ok so lets try this again. if you delete any posts, please delete the ones before this one. thanks.

Edit: With blastradius14's permission, I took his list of answers to the security questions and added it to the program. This list of answers is now the first thing you will see when you run the program. It can also be accessed at any time by going to the last page of the journal book, page 67.

Last edited by arete; 04-11-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: removed html
dark420bishop is offline                         Send a private message to dark420bishop
Old 16-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #39
Robby

I also tried to get the cluebook. After installing the new adobe reader and trying to download the cluebook, I got the message that the file is damaged and that adobe couldn't repair the file.

I have searched all over the net and I can't find the cluebook anywhere for free except planet mirror.

I am hung up in the Luminari Tower and I can't find the true entrance to the top. I have made it to the false door, but I can't find the true entrance.

If anybody has any ideas, please help a lost ranger!

resiewdub

Old 16-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #40
lowlylowlycook

Quote:
Originally posted by Robby @ Aug 15 2006, 07:35 PM

I also tried to get the cluebook. After installing the new adobe reader and trying to download the cluebook, I got the message that the file is damaged and that adobe couldn't repair the file.

I have searched all over the net and I can't find the cluebook anywhere for free except planet mirror.

I am hung up in the Luminari Tower and I can't find the true entrance to the top. I have made it to the false door, but I can't find the true entrance.

If anybody has any ideas, please help a lost ranger!

resiewdub
Weird. I just downloaded it from here a day or two ago. It seems OK for me.

<Looks over complicate map>

I'm not sure but I think what you are looking for is in the sw corner of the "1st Deep".

Last edited by arete; 04-11-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: removed html
lowlylowlycook is offline                         Send a private message to lowlylowlycook