Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2006, 05:17 AM   #181
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Piss of a native and let them kill your city. Make sure it has no defenses or muskets...
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 17-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #182
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Or don't have the Sieur de Salle foundin' father join your congress - then you'll only have a stockade on the colonies you wouldn't abandon anyway....

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 17-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #183
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by Raasted@Apr 17 2006, 11:58 PM
Or don't have the Sieur de Salle foundin' father join your congress - then you'll only have a stockade on the colonies you wouldn't abandon anyway....
Or around the colonies you've conquered from other nations, but whose location you don't like. And besides de la Salle is all right no matter this secondary effect. Look, the best thing you can do if you can't abandon a colony is to forget about it. Leave the last three losers there (preferably criminals) and do as if it didn't exist. After all there are no costs in this game.
Old 17-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #184
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

I know it is a bit crazy way of showing some thing cool, but the sites title was that. And there is an map editor there, and update patches and lots of other cool Colonization stuff there. And they are even linking to you guys

Colonization Home Page
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 18-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #185
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Agreed - the best thing to do is probably to forget about the colonies you want do abandon...as to de Salle - gaining stockade on the 3. citizen isn't a very powerful thing imo - there are many other founding fathers you would rather have joining your congress than him.....

/Raasted
Old 24-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #186
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Basically IF you want to abandon a colony YOUR planning was faulty. I'd rather restart the game than to either abandon or worse leave them to starve or worst of all let the tribes slaughter them.

Don't you chaps get involved with the people to settle and wish them well? :not_ok:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 17-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #187
narkooegle
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to narkooegle

1) Does anyone know whether you could find one or two fountain of youth??? (and not like the one in futurama)

2) I dont fuly remember this, but im certain, that you somehow can trade with you the other foreign powers in Europa, after declaring independence..... is this true. Is that an option you get after the declaration, or do you have to have some kind of big-shot-trade-advisor????,

And here is just an open question: Which advisor did you prefer?
I think i prefered Pocahonts, because she made tensions betwene the native´s and me, much less.

WolverineDK og Raasted: jep, det er fedt nok at m?de andre danskere herinde k: Selvom i m?ske er de eneste der kender den opskure reference til Red Warzawa i mit brugernavn
narkooegle is offline                         Send a private message to narkooegle
Old 17-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #188
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Peter Stuverysoiunenvoncoisantoinsant - the costum houses are inexpendable! k:

/Raasted
Old 18-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #189
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
1) Does anyone know whether you could find one or two fountain of youth??? (and not like the one in futurama)
I've never found more than one, I think. Do you remember whether other nations, AI players, can find it? Only the human player can, if I'm not wrong.

Quote:
2) I dont fuly remember this, but im certain, that you somehow can trade with you the other foreign powers in Europa, after declaring independence..... is this true. Is that an option you get after the declaration, or do you have to have some kind of big-shot-trade-advisor????,
Well, after you get one Fouding Father (can't recall his name) you may trade with other nations' *colonies*. And of course, trading with nations other than your motherland is precisely what Stuvesant's custom houses do; they allow you to sell your goods in the free market instead of your king's buying monopoly, and that's why these goods are tax-free -contraband.

Quote:
I think i prefered Pocahonts, because she made tensions betwene the native´s and me, much less.
I can't remember all of them now. The first I tried to get were the ones who increased your liberty bells production, so that you got new Fathers faster and your colonies got the patriotic bonuses earlier. Another very good one was the one who allowed you to choose the next immigrant, and turned criminals and servants into free colonists. Pocahontas seemed of little value to me, because she mitigates the problem but doesn't solve it. If you want the indians to be easy establish missions, they're miraculous! :angel:
Old 18-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #190
laiocfar
NOD Commander

1) Some of the coins were you can explore are related to the rumors of the lost city, many times you will get the banner "only found rumors" and sometimes you will lost the explorer. There is a chance of find the fountain of youth, the chance of finding it is minimiun related to the "only rumors". With Hernando De Soto results of exploring Lost City Rumors are always positive.

2) Jan De Witt alows trade with other colonies in the New world, Peter Stuyvesant gives you the custom house. With that you can got auto trade without ships with europe even during revolution war.

3) Wich advisor you prefer?
There are many, but two of them are key and represent two different tipes of playing Hernando De Soto/Hernan Cortes. Peter Stuyvesant, Thomas Paine and Thomas Jefferson are keymembers too.