Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2005, 11:29 AM   #101
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Pig+Jul 20 2005, 11:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Classic Pig @ Jul 20 2005, 11:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-omg@Jul 20 2005, 09:44 AM
to come back as human means you have had good karma. blind or no. and the challange of a blind man is deserving and great.

Only referring to that. Trying to figure out where it leaves a person who is born with a severe disability. They have no mind to choose anything either good or bad in this life so then where to from there. They will not ever have the opportunity to create good karma and as such surely would be doomed to a miserable existance for ever? [/b][/quote]
Have you ever though about people who have organised bombs etc that have KILLED THOUSAND OF PEOPLE. Do you think the person behind it just have to have a bad life for just one life. By the way can't a blind person have good karma. He can be pleaseat in his speech, always having a good attitude, helping people for the best of his ability.

Why do you need a supernatural force to guide you
Why can't you change you own life according to what you do without thinking everything is god's wish
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 20-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #102
omg
Games Master

a blind man is not a vegetable.
so you are saying all disabled people have no choices?
there is always choice even if the choice is a simple as to live or 2 die.
i am not buddha. therefore i dont actually know what the karmic status of cp is. hence why i didnt bring it up. you did. i was talking about slightly lesser disabilitys.
if a starving blind man shares a meal with a freind and leaves himslf hungry he generates a large amount of good karma as that is a great act from his position. indeed the gods would see that act as being greater than a billionare donating millions to charity.
but we dont tell the rich that cause its good that they keep donatin :bleh:
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #103
Classic Pig

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 20 2005, 11:21 AM
the bible is a bit to all over the place for me.
(one minute dont kill the next throw stones at em till they are dead )
(one minute freedom of choice the next the sins of the father)
ect....
so you are saying that its fine for the sins of the father to be vested on the child and lead to c.p but its not fine for that souls eveloution to end up with it spending a life in c.p?
wow....
*sorry mr jones that your son is blind. this is becuase when you were young you slept around and masturbated*
*sorry mrs peterson your son has c.p. you really should have married the first person you slept with*

i could go on. thats certainly a just god isnt it. besides if that is the case my father was most definatly what you christians would consider a sinner. oh yes. the kind you just dont get around so much these days. proper old school nasty. have his sins been vested on me? (hmm full vision, no cp, i can actually go a day without booze)
its really making me laught to see christians saying that the boundries of karma remove personall choice. haha. you guys just have so much more choice under your system dont you.... then again its a book that actually uses the *you are the sheep i am the shephard* analogy quite a bit. something tells me he is gonna come back to earth, lead you all into the light... of a giant meat pie factory.
Not at all what I am saying. We are all too quick to blame God when something goes wrong but when do we thank Him when things go right.

In your case I am sure that it is only by the grace of God that you have all your mind to fight against Him with. Same for me in reverse.

When you look at CP kids I am prepared to stick my neck out a bit and say that many of those parents did not want their kids in the first place. That opens up a huge problem in the spiritual realm and suddenly genes go wrong. How often have you heard people say, " Oh he's just like his father", or, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".... Not just CP etc that is caused by fathers sins but a whole lot of stuff. I am pepared to bet that most people end up a lot like their fathers in one way or another. (before you flame me just check...) I know that even though I hardly know my dad that I am still very much like him. I have not spent enough time with him to pick up his habits but yet I still find myself doing things just like him. Those are the cases which are more worrying to me than CP. It is no big thing for God to heal people from the generational curses and similarly no big thing for him to heal a "braindead" person.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #104
Classic Pig

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 20 2005, 11:36 AM
i was talking about slightly lesser disabilitys.
Ok so then karma does not address severe disabilities then...?So then what would you say? Remember these people have no mental function and can't decide.

P.S. My uncle is blind and I know many deaf children and believe me I know that they are not vegetables it was directed at those with severe CP etc however it was a little harsh! - I do apologise.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #105
omg
Games Master

god has given me no grace mousey. i make my own path.

Quote:
In your case I am sure that it is only by the grace of God that you have all your mind to fight against Him with
so where is my oh so vaunted freedom of choice then if god has given me the grace to advoid that path?
wow... for a second i thought you meant my father.. seeing the captlisation i can see that you mean god. look kid reincarnation used to be in the bible. it got taken out. there are examples of karma in the bible as well.

Quote:
When you look at CP kids I am prepared to stick my neck out a bit and say that many of those parents did not want their kids in the first place
you are sticking your neck out so far that i am amazed you havnt been mistaken for a chicken and had it chopped off. again my mother didnt actually want me, but she was still christian at that point and didnt want to get an abortion. gaaah. a lot of the parents on the estate i grew up didnt plan there pregnacies yet there isnt a vast amount of disabled people where i live. the balance is the same as evrywhere else.
dont start hitting me with any of your facist crap. and lets not get yet another religios thread shut down.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #106
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Pig+Jul 20 2005, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Classic Pig @ Jul 20 2005, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-omg@Jul 20 2005, 11:36 AM
i was talking about slightly lesser disabilitys.
Ok so then karma does not address severe disabilities then...?So then what would you say? Remember these people have no mental function and can't decide.

P.S. My uncle is blind and I know many deaf children and believe me I know that they are not vegetables it was directed at those with severe CP etc however it was a little harsh! - I do apologise.
[/b][/quote]
What are you talking about? Read few more times to understand.

As Buddha once said,

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 20-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #107
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sameeralord@Jul 20 2005, 11:29 AM
Why do you need a supernatural force to guide you
Why can't you change you own life according to what you do without thinking everything is god's wish
Like catholic i think that God just leave us free to do wathever we want!

Quote:
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
I agree, even if i have to say that we can choose and God save us...
Old 20-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #108
omg
Games Master

christ stole all his best ideas from buddah.
Old 20-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #109
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 20 2005, 10:50 PM
christ stole all his best ideas from buddah.
Wasn't Buddism based several thousand miles away from the Middle East (where Christ spent his life).
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 20-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #110
omg
Games Master

they sent missionarys to the west at the time christ was around. i see more than a coincidence. it wasnt just the product of caterpillers bottoms and spices that travled the silk road.
a lot of catholic trappings could well have been borrowed from the far east. prayer beads and the apearence of monks (and there celibate states) being just a couple.
Closed Thread