Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

It's the Summer Contest once again over on my usual haunt, www.gamefaqs.com

The idea is that we nominate a bunch of characters, the ones with the most nominations go into a tournament, and then Cloud or Link wins. Because the site is dominated by stupid fanboys who think FFVII is the best game ever.

Of course, not everyone over there is happy with this. I am one of the people who stays on the contest's message board (Board 8, as we call it), even in the offseason, and we're fed up with it.

So, to that end, I beseech you, Abandonians, to help to at least get some quality characters into the contest. They WILL lose, but we can at least hope for a few interesting matches among the supposedly 'lesser' characters as the generic basasses steam through the ranks.

In particular, many of us on Board 8 are trying to get Manuel Calavera in. Every nomination for him will earn my undying gratitude. However, everyone gets 10 nomination slots, so any other classic characters (Guybrush, SHODAN, Purple Tentacle, The Nameless One, Atrus...) would hopefully keep the latest GTA 'hero' in the gutter where he belongs.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 21-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Can we have a link to the thread/poll? I want to vote for Calavera and I have GameFAQs account already

EDIT: OK, I found it, should I vote for Manny or Manuel? Or won't it make any difference whatsoever?

EDIT2: Man, I've been looking around the forums and now I remember why I left. So many short sighted, right-wing, christian funndamentalist f*cktards it makes the last Ku Klux Klan meet-up look like a sunday picnic (OK, so I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). In one thread half the people think the answer to teenage prenancies is to ban the sale of comdoms to those below the age on consent (beucase, appartenly, all they do is encourage kids to have sex) and to make children scared stiff of sex so they would only attempt it ever when married for procreational purposes only :angry:
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 22-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Duke Nukem.
His sense of humour is just sooo funny...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-06-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
moogle
Abandonia Homie

A Moogle (sorrry but FF is awesome), Edward Carnaby (YOU HAVE TO HAVE HIM!!!!!) and the guy from the first Lands Of Lore.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
Onimaru

How about Rikimaru(tenchu) or Laguna(ff8) but i think i'll just vote for Manuel Calavera since every vote counts k:
Onimaru is offline                         Send a private message to Onimaru
Old 30-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

*coughs*

definately Manny, he is a god... of the dead... but not like Isis or any of that *sighs*....
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 30-06-2005, 05:08 PM   #7
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker - C&C Renegade

Great humor....
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 02-07-2005, 07:38 AM   #8
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I agree on Duke Nukem (except for the part where he shits in a dead ennemy's neck, that is rude. Guess u gotta b american to like it?), and i would add that mutated chick from Starcraft.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 02-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #9
Sameeralord
Game freak

IS YOUR AVATER THE ILLUMINATI CRYSTAL?

ON TOPIC: LIU KANG
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord