Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
MyVitalRemains
Abandonia nerd

Wink N00b Gut Is N00b

I found out about this website via a Youtube video about DOSBOX. I am relatively new to retro PC gaming, but got into it when I found out (via Joystiq) that Ultima IV was available for free, although I later found out that you had to use this emulator known as "DOSBOX" to use it - I didn't play it for a long time. But I soon got a game known as the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and got interesting in the Elder Scrolls series, so after reading some Wikipedia, I found out that The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall was available on their website for free. I downloaded this game and figured out that you need this "DOSBOX" to run it,, so I decide that since I wanted to play that game and Ultima IV that I might as well install it, so I did as such. After going through the learning curve of DOSBOX (thanks to Youtube) I searched for DOS games online to figure out whether they were free or not and found out about this Abandonia (which I had already heard of from Youtube). After making sure it was virus-free and had safe downloads I decided to get games from the website. Only recently did I sign up for an account.

Hope you enjoyed my introduction story and I hope to write many reviews on the review section of the forum.

MyVitalRemains is offline                         Send a private message to MyVitalRemains