Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

OK, people. By the vote of the citizens of Abandonia, the new tactical forum game is X-Com Apocalypse.

Actual game will be started on Tuesday, the initial sign-in will be held until Monday. You can specify a couple of things, and make sure to tell me whether you'll accept the closest recruit I can find or you'd prefer to wait until one becomes avaible that matches your preferences.
1. Preferred gender. Male and Female troops are avaible. This does not matter in case of Androids, though.
2. Preferred species. Human, Alien Hybrid or Android. Humans are most common, Alien Hybrids are better psykers but worse on the rest of stats. Androids have high initial stats and cannot be psionized or brainsucked, but they do not improve over time, so a well experienced flesh-and-blood character will surpass an androids' stats.
3. Preferred stats. You can specify which particular ONE or TWO stats you want to have most prominent.
4. Preferred role. Your role in the squad defines your gear. You can specify a preference for particular _sort_ of equipment, but not specific weapons/ammo.
5. If you want a different name then your login on the board, specify it.

Stat adjustments:
If you are not satisfied with your initial stats, then you can request some points being transferred between up to THREE of your stats. This sort of action can be done only once per participant, and when it's done it's _permament_. Note that Android psi stats will not be adjusted.

Resurrecting: Resurrection is performed in order according to when Player Characters have died. I'll store hexadecimal strings pertaining to your characters' INITIAL stats, so when you come back from the resurrection queque, your character will be restored to how he/she was right after being recruited, green as grass again.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman