Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
vendetta7

hi there! i'm all new on this forum. but not on gaming...

i browsed the forum quite a while now, and often found comments like: "although game XY is abandoned we will not make it available due to server load. it's too big".

so here is my proposal: just publish ed2k links! of course someone has to start it, but as i know the scene it takes only days (hours?!) to spread, and the user base is big enough to keep it online always (well, virtually).

there are games in the ed2k-net (accessed via eDonkey2000,eMule,aMule,shareazaa,various mods, on various platforms), of almost every flavour, but it has sometimes has the flavour of illegality. you (abandonia) publishing links to "free" software could take some of it away, AND massively take load off your servers. for if some game has 100 downloads from your server, maybe 50 people have emule running, and then the next fan just has to click the ed2k-link and has 50 sources, instead of the single one of your server again...

that includes not only BIG files (which are totally inaccessable up to now) but even 'normal-sized' ones. real fanatics will keep these in their shared folders, believe me!

also it would make it easier to make localized versions of a certain abandoned game available. i personally don't mind playing games in english, but my girlfriend preferrs to play in her mothertongue... so for the sake of her..

greetings, vendetta7

vendetta7 is offline                         Send a private message to vendetta7