Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 23-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Wheew...
I know this one from the amiga. It had a great gameplay but it kept hanging up at some point: bad guru meditation failure
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 23-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
Nigga
Forum hobbit

Yeah, it's a nice one! I remember myself sitting hours trying to get that World Cup!

This is a great game. Especially I liked the newspaper - it's a good idea, and it's always SO interesting to see what does everybody think about you. Also, you play really as a COACH, not bothering about all those contracts, fees, and other payments, not talking about stadium managing. You must prove yourself as a good psychologist, physiologist, AND strategist, or you won't achieve your goals And all these three aspects are made almost perfectly in this game.

But still there are some points, which made me give "4" to this game (though, I really love it).

The game is too short. Compared to the "everlasting" manager life in "Championship Manager", this game really disappointed me You play one World Cup cycle, and that's all...
And if you want to play more, you have to begin from the very beginning - so, nothing changes, the same players, the same environment...

Second negative feature is that you can never win with a weak team (like San-Marino, for example ). That's, in fact, a consequence from your "short life" - you don't have time to improve your players, you can't choose them players, and you have just one chance. For the only style I like to play soccer-manager games is taking the weakest team, and making it a champion!!! But you can't do this with "On the Ball"

Nevertheless, it's a great game!!! It proposes you a wide range of really COACH things to do with your team, and you also must THINK when playing, not only click with your mouse!

k:

"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You can either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Nigga is offline                         Send a private message to Nigga
Old 25-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Yeah, I know what you mean. But in fact I never noticed that it isn't possible to make a team from scratch to championship. That's really annoying and doesn't really fit the genre.
And if I remember right, then I hadn't a copy at all. I thought it was an original. It froze because the lack ram of my amiga. BTW: Was this one called 'Anstoss' in Germany... this one is the german game, isn't it?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 25-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 25 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]250921[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. But in fact I never noticed that it isn't possible to make a team from scratch to championship. That's really annoying and doesn't really fit the genre.
And if I remember right, then I hadn't a copy at all. I thought it was an original. It froze because the lack ram of my amiga. BTW: Was this one called 'Anstoss' in Germany... this one is the german game, isn't it?
[/b]
YEs, this game in Germany itīs called "Anstoss", and this is the only that i can find, that is in english..... k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 25-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

You mean you have the german version, too :blink:

Old 25-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

No, i have On the BAll:2 too, that it is in all in german, thatīs why i didnīt put in AB.
Old 25-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Never played that...
In my opinion we should have a section that is for games that aren't published in other languages
Old 25-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 25 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]250944[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Never played that...
In my opinion we should have a section that is for games that aren't published in other languages
[/b]
Propose that to Kosta.... k:
Old 25-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I don't know if it's really worth the effort. How many games are there that are just published in there native language? But I'll think about proposing that to Kosta... k: